Youth Cup Final

TONTROOPER

7 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I see no thread posted for this.

Watching as I type and a cracking game.

Agreed decent quality, mixed with various degrees of sheer confidence and naiveity has made it a very decent watch. Think I'm getting old though looks more like an u16s team.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Agreed decent quality, mixed with various degrees of sheer confidence and naiveity has made it a very decent watch. Think I'm getting old though looks more like an u16s team.

Hoops equalize...4-4  ... brilliant game!

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's great to see the enthusiasm of these kids, even though they all know none of them have a hope in hell of playing for their respective first teams.

We've given a few players their debuts this season. Our captain came through the youth system, our record sale a few seasons ago came through the youth system. We lose the cream just like everyone else too to make it less likely but don't talk pish that we don't give them a chance.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

We've given a few players their debuts this season. Our captain came through the youth system, our record sale a few seasons ago came through the youth system. We lose the cream just like everyone else too to make it less likely but don't talk pish that we don't give them a chance.

Fair play.......Stephen Walsh was at Cappielow a few seasons ago and didnt get a run out with the Morton 1st eleven maybe when he expected to.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

I knew that some Celtic fan on here would get defensive and bring up the two players who have come through their ranks in the last ten/fifteen years. The reality, whether you admit it or not, is that young players at the two teams will get first team minutes, but only in the last few minutes of a game which is already won or a start in a cup match against some team from League 1 or 2. They will then disappear from sight, or reappear at another club who will give them a chance. Liam Scales is a good example of the latter. A first team regular at Aberdeen but not a hope in hell that he will be given any further chance at Celtic as they continue to buy in players in his position. 

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I knew that some Celtic fan on here would get defensive and bring up the two players who have come through their ranks in the last ten/fifteen years.

It's not 2 though its James Forrest, Kieran Tierney, Callum McGregor. Stephen Welsh has a decent number of appearances for us now along with Ralston, Mikey Johnston would have also have played way more games for us ife he could last more than half a dozen games.

I don't know why you mentioned Liam Scales who we didn't develop it was an excuse for Desmond to give cash to his other clubs as he was going to be out of contract in a few months anyway and he was going to be that old they weren't due development cash. If your talking about those sort of players though We signed Ajer at 17 and he is now a decent EPL CB or Tony Watt who got his first full time gig with us. In the past few years We also lost Hjelde to Leeds, 2 players to Bayern Munich and Dembele (Karamoko) amongst others that have got better cash elsewhere that would have definitely got a chance. It's a silly argument a player has a better chance in a worse team so not quite sure what your point is. We could point out to Man City prospects they have a far better chance of a game in our team but it's doesn't mean they will want to or should come.

Edited by gannonball