Managers you wish had managed your club

7 hours ago, AuAl said:

There can't be many clubs who have had the sheer number of frauds that we have had managing the team in the last 15-20 years. 

A truly impressive list of incompetence.

Have you seen the average tenure of managers? Ayr are distinctly above the average level of shite for Scottish clubs in the last twenty years - only varied by a single division (and didn't even get relegated by the last three diddies), nothing really even resembling banter years since the end of Barr and DL.

Anyway, there's a correct answer for Ayr. Of course he'd probably have been sacked quickly just like he was at Smurn.

Nobody really springs to mind, but I remember being insanely jealous of Killie when Steve Clarke was managing them. A top coach who comes to Scotland to coach the club he supported, and the only club he was apparently interested in coaching in Scotland.

I always fancied a foreign coach. Louis Van Gaal or Arrigo Sacchi. Someone who would bring attractive football and would bring discipline to diet and training.

I remember when we sacked Mark Roberts I was absolutely desperate for us to go and get Stevie Aitken from Stranraer. He’d built a really good side down there and they dished out a fair amount of hammerings to us. Never happened and we got McCall instead which worked out quite well.

I remember when we punted Craig Brewster there was a few wild names thrown about in the media. Sure Ossie Ardiles said he fancied the job and there was rumours Neil Warnock was interested too. Warnock would’ve been good for the patter

I always thought Kenny Shiels done a good job at Killie then seen the job he done at Morton and was glad we never ended up with him. 

12 hours ago, AuAl said:

There can't be many clubs who have had the sheer number of frauds that we have had managing the team in the last 15-20 years. 

A truly impressive list of incompetence.

The complete list of Morton managers since 2002/03:

Dave McPherson

John McCormack

Jim McInally

Davie Irons

James Grady

Allan Moore

Kenny Shiels

Jim Duffy

Ray McKinnon

Jonatan Johansson

David Hopkin

Anton McElhone

Gus MacPherson

Dougie Imrie

A terrible choice where you'd want someone else, but I'd rather have Neil Watt as manager than more than half that list tbh.