Annan vs Dumbarton, Dumbarton vs Annan

Final outcome  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Final outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 18:45

14 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

@microdave  how do you go about changing your vote in this poll?

I'm undecided about going on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure Annan are past us.  If they weren't out of reach before Tuesday night.

If the group trains well tonight anything can happen.  I mean anything.

25 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

@microdave  how do you go about changing your vote in this poll?

I'm undecided about going on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure Annan are past us.  If they weren't out of reach before Tuesday night.

You can't unfortunately. I'm afraid there are 14 folk up for ridicule including myself.

23 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Oh well done. You've finally made your 7th post in 11 years and it's to put the boot in Dumbarton fans when they're down.  Get a life you absolute prat.

Firstly, I stopped looking at pie and bovril a while ago as I think some people let it consume their waking hours. I think it also needlessly causes divisions at their clubs with opinions constantly aired that are at odds with other fans causing bad blood between all.

That said.

Secondly, I think the wasted money on diesel I spent going to and from Dumbarton this season with no game at the end of the travel, not to mention the large scratch along the side of my car whilst parked in dumbarton entitles me to have a dig at their expense at the excellent result on Tuesday. 

Lastly ,getting told to "Get a life" by someone who has trawled through and commented on  5 threads, only 2 of which involves his team since Tuesday makes me think of pots and kettles.  

See ya in another 7 years as I have a life

1 minute ago, Highlandbino said:

Firstly, I stopped looking at pie and bovril a while ago as I think some people let it consume their waking hours. I think it also needlessly causes divisions at their clubs with opinions constantly aired that are at odds with other fans causing bad blood between all.

That said.

Secondly, I think the wasted money on diesel I spent going to and from Dumbarton this season with no game at the end of the travel, not to mention the large scratch along the side of my car whilst parked in dumbarton entitles me to have a dig at their expense at the excellent result on Tuesday. 

Lastly ,getting told to "Get a life" by someone who has trawled through and commented on  5 threads, only 2 of which involves his team since Tuesday makes me think of pots and kettles.  

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Highlandbino said:

So much of a life that you took the trouble to look up which threads WC Boggs has posted in. Lol.

40 minutes ago, Highlandbino said:

That said.

Have you tried having a right good greet about it?

56 minutes ago, Highlandbino said:

That said.

Ooft.

A question for the Annan guys - do you think your team will go for it again on Saturday or will it be a controlled stroll in the park job ?  If you go for it you could probably create a Play-Off aggregate record, but more importantly it could help trigger a managerial change for us.  Win-Win.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Clarkson said:

Just watched the highlights and dunno if I’m just blind but what happened with Orsi. Looks to me like both players went for the ball but what happened after?

Really hard to tell from the highlights and was hard to tell from the main stand too, maybe some Dumbarton fans behind the goal saw it better. At first I thought he'd pushed an off balance Kilsby into the wall when both were off the pitch, which could easily have been interpreted as reckless and dangerous. I only expected a yellow at the time though, but others said there was a kick out.

35 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A question for the Annan guys - do you think your team will go for it again on Saturday or will it be a controlled stroll in the park job ? 

Controlled stroll in the park with some squad rotation mirroring the lineups for the last few league games. I'd expect Charlie Barnes in for Wullie Gibson & Scott Hooper in for Steven Swinglehurst for a start, some more minutes into the returning Matty Douglas and the potentially dangerous Josh Galloway, who would run Tuesday night' Martin McNiff ragged.

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Really hard to tell from the highlights and was hard to tell from the main stand too, maybe some Dumbarton fans behind the goal saw it better. At first I thought he'd pushed an off balance Kilsby into the wall when both were off the pitch, which could easily have been interpreted as reckless and dangerous. I only expected a yellow at the time though, but others said there was a kick out.

Controlled stroll in the park with some squad rotation mirroring the lineups for the last few league games. I'd expect Charlie Barnes in for Wullie Gibson & Scott Hooper in for Steven Swinglehurst for a start, some more minutes into the returning Matty Douglas and the potentially dangerous Josh Galloway, who would run Tuesday night' Martin McNiff ragged.

Annan under 9s would run us ragged based on Tuesday's evidence

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

It was right in front of me, Orsi sort of kicks with his right foot after it gets tangled up with Kilsby's left foot. It wasn't a full on kick, more a sort of 'get off' type swipe if you look closely.

One of those ones where, if Kilsby doesn't hit the deck screaming and clutching his leg, nobody notices or the two maybe push each other a wee bit and play goes on. But his reaction has bought the decision and, as I said at the time, Kalvin needs to take responsibility for giving Kilsby the opportunity to try and get his opponent sent off.

I suspect if we appealed it we could win. But there's no point. It's expensive, he'll miss two games, one of which doesn't matter, and the next where he might not even be a Dumbarton player.

Not that he played much of a role in what happened the other night, but Calum Scott has looked a really poor referee all three times he's had us this season. Clearly one of the guys fast-tracked a bit early because of VAR.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was right in front of me, Orsi sort of kicks with his right foot after it gets tangled up with Kilsby's left foot. It wasn't a full on kick, more a sort of 'get off' type swipe if you look closely.

One of those ones where, if Kilsby doesn't hit the deck screaming and clutching his leg, nobody notices or the two maybe push each other a wee bit and play goes on. But his reaction has bought the decision and, as I said at the time, Kalvin needs to take responsibility for giving Kilsby the opportunity to try and get his opponent sent off.

I suspect if we appealed it we could win. But there's no point. It's expensive, he'll miss two games, one of which doesn't matter, and the next where he might not even be a Dumbarton player.

Not that he played much of a role in what happened the other night, but Calum Scott has looked a really poor referee all three times he's had us this season. Clearly one of the guys fast-tracked a bit early because of VAR.

The ref was poor, and he let actually let a lot fouls go unpunished.  But regarding Orsi, his involvement in the game was weird for me, he looked disinterested from the start and the couple of occasions he had the ball at his feet he just seemed to run directly into trouble.  

Now that might sound harsh, but that wasn't the committed, high-energy KO we've enjoyed watching for most of this season, and it seemed to symbolise our team performance on the night.  Why, I wonder ?

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Everytime I have been to a game where Scott referee’s I become more convinced his Mrs ran off with someone from Dumbarton. I mean don’t get me wrong Annan were brilliant last night and would’ve wiped the floor with us with any ref but booking the likes of Buchanan when he clearly gets the ball and calling soft fouls and misses big ones really sums him up. Again don’t get me wrong we would’ve lost anyway but his performances at Stirling away and especially the Bonnyrigg draw where I seem to recall moments like a rather dubious penalty being given against Long and Lynas getting kneed in the back and a foul being given against him. When I saw he was ref for this game I knew we were in for a long night just did’t realise how badly the night would actually turn out to be. Would be curious to see how other clubs view him and if he always seems to be so one sided in their games?

59 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The ref was poor, and he let actually let a lot fouls go unpunished.  But regarding Orsi, his involvement in the game was weird for me, he looked disinterested from the start and the couple of occasions he had the ball at his feet he just seemed to run directly into trouble.  

Now that might sound harsh, but that wasn't the committed, high-energy KO we've enjoyed watching for most of this season, and it seemed to symbolise our team performance on the night.  Why, I wonder ?

Maybe just maybe..

Dressing room

"this is how we are setting up lads, same as usual"

Player(s) "but gaffer Annan had us worked out here last month, we were lucky to only ship 3 goals"

"Just get on wi it"

Disillusioned team trudge onto pitch 

We started with some weird 3-5-2 sort of thing at Annan in the 3-1 game the other month to be fair. It was only in the second-half that we went back to a 4-1-4-1 and brought on guys like Orsi and Div Wilson.

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If you go for it you could probably create a Play-Off aggregate record, but more importantly it could help trigger a managerial change for us.  Win-Win.

I hate myself for saying it, but I hope we get an absolute horsing tomorrow. More than the 6-0, and yeah, an all-time aggregate record.

For various reasons, including hopefully emptying Farrell, and making it a difficult day for those fans who have already asserted that "they'll be turning up to applaud the manager and team regardless".