Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Prediction. 2-0 Ayr znd Akinyemi misses a 95th minute penalty, by hitting 1 post rolling along the line sclaffing off Mitchell hitting the other post coming back out to him and he puts the rebound past the post.

The fact that we were founded in 1876 and have never had 0.0000000000000000001% of that kind of luck before doesn't phase you at all?

13 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Over 1700 as of 12.55 today, and we’ve sold at least one extra since then. 

Would be hoping that we’d take at least 2500 tbh so that slightly disappointing but can we and see where we rise to. Considering Ayr brought an impressive 1800 up to firhill last week, I would have expected us to be at least 500 above that. 

Doolan better not go out and sit in to defend our lead. Would be bitterly disappointed and puzzled if that was the approach he took as Ayr are not good at the back imo and we should be coming flying out the traps to try and bury the game early. Continue on from last week and get a 1/2 goal lead to knock the stuffing out of Ayr and then can make changes. This is thistle however so not getting excited till I hear the full time whistle go and know if it’s job done or not. Killie or Ross county for the winner it seems as well. Not sure who I would prefer should we make it. Killie certainly more practical if nothing else.

6 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Would be hoping that we’d take at least 2500 tbh so that slightly disappointing but can we and see where we rise to. Considering Ayr brought an impressive 1800 up to firhill last week, I would have expected us to be at least 500 above that. 

Over 2,100 Ayr away fans 👍🏻

Doolan has said in every interview that we’ll go out to win each game. I expect either the same line up as last time. Fitzpatrick playing well and Tiffoney working well playing off Graham through the middle.

ETA: also, how many of us have moaned that Docherty and Bannigan are a bit too similar in the middle - we finally change the dynamic and look much more creative, while still probably as solid as can be expected with our centre half’s. 

Edited by Mediocre Pundit

Finally got round to reading 1971 ,”What a sensation “….the similarities in managerial style between Dools and McParland are striking in that they both moved to a hands on training schedule where previous incumbents Symons and McCall were of the the old school “ leave it to the coaches mentality”…..the resultant turnaround in fortunes was striking  .If we get through tomorrow without too much fuss I’ll start to really believe something a wee bit special is happening at Firhill under Dools .

41 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Doolan has said in every interview that we’ll go out to win each game. I expect either the same line up as last time. Fitzpatrick playing well and Tiffoney working well playing off Graham through the middle.

ETA: also, how many of us have moaned that Docherty and Bannigan are a bit too similar in the middle - we finally change the dynamic and look much more creative, while still probably as solid as can be expected with our centre half’s. 

Completely agree. I trust he is a man of his word, it’s more the players I worry about. Making an error early on them shitting it and going deeper naturally😂.  I am confident generally but don’t want to be over confident ever with thistle.

12 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

It was yours stadium  announcer last week that made the 2,100 away fans call . 

Tbf we as a club are clearly not to be trusted or believed when it comes to ticketing. 

Edited by Doolan9

11 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

It was yours stadium  announcer last week that made the 2,100 away fans call . 

Partick also said their stand behind the goal was sold out.  

We must have had 1,600(ish) fans, the capacity of that stand is 1,825 and there were big gaps, including a whole fenced off section that was empty.  

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Partick also said their stand behind the goal was sold out.  

We must have had 1,600(ish) fans, the capacity of that stand is 1,825 and there were big gaps, including a whole fenced off section that was empty.  

Ah thank you, as I said we’re not to be trusted.  

20 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Ah thank you, as I said we’re not to be trusted.  

We willingly went along with it, telling our fans we had sold 2,000 tickets for a stand that doesn't even have that many seats :lol:

That was the second time we lied to our own support that day.  A real classic day for AUFC. 

https://twitter.com/AyrUnitedFC/status/1659599237057855488?t=JfqBYFoK6ajBKco24vbRTQ&s=19

Edited by itzdrk
Tweet not embedding

2 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

In a stand that holds 1800? Maybe 2000 at a push but had several empty seats at both ends?😂 If you say so.

Wow, without a hint of irony.

Did you not claim to have sold out the John Lambie stand? I'm not sure I would rely on your club's counting skills! 

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Wow, without a hint of irony.

Did you not claim to have sold out the John Lambie stand? I'm not sure I would rely on your club's counting skills! 

I have clearly stated this twice now myself if you read up. What I would add is the club genuinely believe it was sold out. It was an error with the ticketing system, you lot are acting like the club lied to look more impressive intentionally. The club have even issued 2 statements apologising over it.

2 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

The figure doesn’t seem to have moved since Monday evening.