The Compo Faces Thread

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Speaking to the Echo, Harold said: “They drove by and missed by bin. It was probably around two inches from the pavement, and I quickly grabbed my shoes and went out.

“I walked up to Stanley Road and told them they had missed my bins, they said they couldn’t grab my bin because it was in my property. I said ‘Fair enough’ but it’s two inches away you could have just grabbed it."

Or you could have put it out properly, you've clearly got the energy to go tearing up the street after them

4 minutes ago, Peil said:

Speaking to the Echo, Harold said: “They drove by and missed by bin. It was probably around two inches from the pavement, and I quickly grabbed my shoes and went out.

“I walked up to Stanley Road and told them they had missed my bins, they said they couldn’t grab my bin because it was in my property. I said ‘Fair enough’ but it’s two inches away you could have just grabbed it."

Or you could have put it out properly, you've clearly got the energy to go tearing up the street after them

Harsh but fair.

22 hours ago, Peil said:

Whilst I kind of agree with the old c***, I don't get the point of pointing to the open bin when the issue was it being just 2 inches from the pavement.  He should have been pointing at the bin just 2 inches from the pavement. 

6 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

Those eyebrows should automatically get you blocked from any financial aid from the state

Especially when the monthly UC payments only went it last week so you would think a wee delay on another £100 wouldn't be too big an issue

For maximum effect the dude with the "days" sign should say that he's not going to shave until the bins are lifted.  That way, if the bins aren't emptied, at least he'll be able to keep warm while he's out protesting.

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Nothing is going to make the binmen skip those bins more than that sign.

Well, maybe the fact that there's another digit yet to be used - that's asking for it.

7 minutes ago, sugna said:

Nothing is going to make the binmen skip those bins more than that sign.

Well, maybe the fact that there's another digit yet to be used - that's asking for it.

They should turn up, bin the sign, and ignore the bins. 

Complaints mount as transformed Johnstone tennis courts used by 'grown men' to play football…..

IMG_0627.webp.917eeda6cafd2ad8f31e53a6da61f6be.webp

Councillor Iain McMillan standing outside the tennis courts in Park Road, Johnstone 

He said: "I have had several complaints from people who live roundabout that area that people are getting in and actually playing football on the tennis courts, which I don't think is the right thing to do. I got a message from the wardens service to say that grown men were playing in the tennis courts, so it's not your usual 12 and 13-year-old boys chancing their arm. Grown men are turning up in their cars and playing football on the tennis courts.”

Anybody up for a game tonight?

Usual time for P&B 5 asides. Bit earlier tonight as we have the Scotland game on.

Then afterwards to Divs for the usual beer and hot tub after match festivities.

19 hours ago, Molotov said:

Complaints mount as transformed Johnstone tennis courts used by 'grown men' to play football…..

IMG_0627.webp.917eeda6cafd2ad8f31e53a6da61f6be.webp

Councillor Iain McMillan standing outside the tennis courts in Park Road, Johnstone 

He said: "I have had several complaints from people who live roundabout that area that people are getting in and actually playing football on the tennis courts, which I don't think is the right thing to do. I got a message from the wardens service to say that grown men were playing in the tennis courts, so it's not your usual 12 and 13-year-old boys chancing their arm. Grown men are turning up in their cars and playing football on the tennis courts.”

Anybody up for a game tonight?

Usual time for P&B 5 asides. Bit earlier tonight as we have the Scotland game on.

Then afterwards to Divs for the usual beer and hot tub after match festivities.

I used to love a game of foot tennis.