The Compo Faces Thread

On 12/12/2023 at 18:24, coprolite said:

Plant pots totally stopping people parking on the double yellows there. Lots of discovery and evoque driving customers for the 20p store eh? Fur coat, no knickers.

same debate going on just now re the Avenues project on Byres Road, Glasgow.

Amazing to consider that the reduction of a dozen or so parking spaces is apparently going to decimate locksmiths, barbers and cobblers up and down the street.

Making the public realm more attractive with wider decent pavements, greenery and outdoor seating as well as making pedestrians the priority over cars is not by all accounts going to entice more people and potential customers to spend more time on the street/at the shops. But instead stopping a guy from Anniesland parking outside their shop for 5 mins in order to pick up a lock or hand in a pair of shoes on his way home are the key considerations and margins for many of these shopkeepers and apparent fickle "long-term" customers. 

27 minutes ago, Molotov said:

IMG_5597.thumb.jpeg.185a6767b6012ea5be8bf7fd86c39a83.jpeg

“I called the number thinking that I had won £182million and they said 'yeah you've got the right numbers but you didn't have the funds in your account for the payment of the ticket so it didn't actually go through'." 

😂 

I'm not exaggerating here, I dont think id come back from that. 

“One of the directors of the Terminator series wanted to do a movie, but I turned that down. Some people say I love the attention but I don’t. I just want to dig a hole and get the hard drive back. Media is not something I particularly enjoy but it has helped me build the team I have. Without it I wouldn't be where I am now.”

😂 Terminator!

”I’ll no get it back!”

IMG_5603.thumb.jpeg.2208c91fd2e6d38f6fe05317942c3eeb.jpegIMG_5604.thumb.jpeg.310d89185c4541d6e9908b1b1edf320c.jpegIMG_5605.thumb.jpeg.11a1f6f532586d52196da3d03b6561a3.jpegIMG_5606.thumb.jpeg.1988dfa10fd2566997d68e6677c6b222.jpeg