Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

Up too early this morning so I was filling time looking back at 'my record' at Tynecastle. 

First time I went was 10th Nov 1976 and we lost 2-1. Strangely, I'd always remembered it as 1-0 but not according AFC heritage. Harper got a consolation goal and it was a midweek game.

Including that game, we've played 75 times, winning 21, drawn 18 and lost 36 but I reckon I could only have actually been to less than half of them. I'd assumed that we'd have lost most of the games but I'm guessing that the late 70s/80s record has helped a tad. 🤔

That said, even taking our record from 2012/13 to this season, we've lost 8 out of 15. Still not as bad as I'd have thought.

AFC Head to Head Statistics (afcheritage.org)

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not exactly filling me with confidence that line up.

0-0 at best?

The worrying bit for me is the bench. Nothing really in reserve that is game changing unless someone does something unexpected. 

Hearts will come at us early on and if we fall behind it’ll be difficult to see how we get back into it. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

The worrying bit for me is the bench. Nothing really in reserve that is game changing unless someone does something unexpected. 

Hearts will come at us early on and if we fall behind it’ll be difficult to see how we get back into it. 

Matty Kennedy to the rescue. 🤪

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It shows how poor the squad is.

Ok, we’re missing three of our best players, but look at the drop off with the 3 coming in.

The bench is woeful.

Robson can only push with the cock he has & unfortunately for him today, it’s a baldy half incher.

2-0 Hearts 

We can only then pray we have a stronger team out for St Mirren because it’s likely going to come down to that. 

12 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Ya'll can look back, but I stated in a magnificently precient way, that I had a "feeling in my water", that we'd beat the **** at Pittodrie.

I have a strong absence of feeling about this one. I'm going 0-0.

I know, Nostradamus.

FUCKIN YAS! Delighted to be wrong.