Transfer ins & outs

1 minute ago, trialist said:

When darvel were in 7th tier their "big" signing was Ross Perry who was largely known for playing with sevco in league 2. This mob have signed lafferty who played in ess-pee-el last season!  Even once a 6th tier club the biggest signing was mcshane, never near a cap for Scotland. This is different level spending imo

I know there's a huge difference in spending and my point was that why do these clubs have to turn into aresholes over night with it and their general  antics . ?

Long established clubs like Talbot,  beith , cumnock etc etc don't generally hit out with the daft antics of the pie man and now Johnstone burgh .

14 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

if I was a true Johnstone fan I really don't know how I'd feel about this signing. I do agree that this seems to be a self indulgent signing as they could have stuck to signing top quality wosfl players to get up to the top league and then maybe flexed the financial muscle if they wanted to ensure a crack a lowland league, but without the infrastructure that isn't going to happen so it will be interesting to see the plans off the park. Any Johnstone fan on here know of any immediate plans for the stadium and playing surface? I always enjoyed playing at Keanie park but last time I was there a few seasons ago to take in a game it did appear in a state of disrepair and in need of TLC 

To be fair, as I stated before, there are huge plans for the park, but will take a bit of getting over the line fir various reasons.

the guys behind this are well intentioned, honest and hardworking individuals. 

no one is perfect and I think they’ve got this one wrong on a few levels 

to add, it’s over for me and a few other long standing Burgh regulars 

Edited by Johnstonian

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I know there's a huge difference in spending and my point was that why do these clubs have to turn into aresholes over night with it and their general  antics . ?

Long established clubs like Talbot,  beith , cumnock etc etc don't generally hit out with the daft antics of the pie man and now Johnstone burgh .

No sure, good laugh though 

14 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

did they not also speak to efe ambrose about signing?

my biggest concern is that laffery won’t be able to handle the banter from the terraces

this is the wrong route to be taking burgh

If by banter you mean “sectarian abuse” then he shouldn’t have to handle it.

No one should 

Putting aside the cost of this.

What about the clubs he will be visiting in Div 1. They will need to employ security staff and maybe have policing to ensure his safety. There are enough nut jobs out there who will see it as an opportunity to make a name for themselves. That opens up the prospect of clubs being punished because of incidents, most probably caused by idiot's who don't even support them.

That's before even thinking about the visit to JMP. 

Disastrous publicity for the West.

9 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Putting aside the cost of this.

What about the clubs he will be visiting in Div 1. They will need to employ security staff and maybe have policing to ensure his safety. There are enough nut jobs out there who will see it as an opportunity to make a name for themselves. That opens up the prospect of clubs being punished because of incidents, most probably caused by idiot's who don't even support them.

That's before even thinking about the visit to JMP. 

Disastrous publicity for the West.

To be fair to Lafferty and The Burgh, that’s the problem of those clubs 

24 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

To be fair to Lafferty and The Burgh, that’s the problem of those clubs 

In no way would I lay any blame at K.Lafferty, not into this asking for it crap. Bit unfair to say it's a problem for the clubs Burgh will be visiting. How can they be held responsible for some randomer who is turning up just to have a go at K.Lafferty. 

First few away games will be interesting. Hopefully nothing happens, but we are all aware of the mentality in this country.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

17 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Great publicity for the First Division and should help boost crowds at most of the grounds when JB play.  It's done, so let's look at the positives.

Glass half full man I see. 😉

8 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

In no way would I lay any blame at K.Lafferty, not into this asking for it crap. Bit unfair to say it's a problem for the clubs Burgh will be visiting. How can they be held responsible for some randomer who is turning up just to have a go at K.Lafferty. 

First few away games will be interesting. Hopefully nothing happens, but we are all aware of the mentality in this country.

First away game is Renfrew. He won’t have to worry there!!

17 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Have Johnstone Burgh always been this staunch or is it just the new investor?

Nope. Burgh mostly (bar a wee spell late 70’s/early 80’s and that was on one guy) has been fiercely neutral

obviously had people on either side involved but ALWAYS left at the door.

Current manager is a Celtic Supporter 

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

Nope. Burgh mostly (bar a wee spell late 70’s/early 80’s and that was on one guy) has been fiercely neutral

obviously had people on either side involved but ALWAYS left at the door.

Current manager is a Celtic Supporter 

Remember seeing some of the wee young team in Celtic tops there, wonder how they’ll feel with a guy like Lafferty in the team given his comments. Hes apparently given interviews saying hes a changed man etc. 

Burgh (and Mckim)  have spent years building themselves back to a decent level in a sustainable way.

Couple of bad results and he’ll be out on his arse. There’s no way he would have wanted this pantomime surrounding the upcoming season.

Can’t believe this is the direction JB are going in, absolute madness for this level