County vs St Johnstone, 24/05/23

25 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

What’s to stop you as an away fan phoning RC shop, ordering and paying for tickets over the phone, then collecting your tickets on match day, complete with your free “bring a friend” tickets? 

The club has confirmed its applicable to away fans, I don’t see why they would say that if it wasn’t the case.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/st-johnstone-h-bring-a-friend-for-free

Ross County were stopping it. Like I already explained to you if you read it. 

Saints fans tried calling Ross County to buy tickets and we're told no. You must get them from St Johnstone and they're not handling any away fan sales. So they got tickets from Saints... Then to be told they can't take up the offer with those tickets. 

You may not see why that's the case but that's exactly what happened. There's a Saints fan on here who lives in Dingwall, their friend called County and asked and that was the response they received.

18 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

The organisation or any communication from our “marketing department” is nothing short of tragic so none of this surprises me.

Saints have had their fair share of disasters this season. 

The nonsense/lies told to fans in the lead up to and post the Rangers game was right up there but it wasn't the only mess. 

It was a f**k up in that it was clearly only intended for home fans, before County realised these deals have to be offered to both home and away fans. Exact same f**k up that we made with the Celtic game in February, only County realised much quicker. 

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You may not see why that's the case but that's exactly what happened. There's a Saints fan on here who lives in Dingwall, their friend called County and asked and that was the response they received.

But if said Dingwallian Saints fan had attending the RC shop in person they would’ve been able to buy a ticket and get one free? Begs the question, why did they not just pop down in person.

4 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

But if said Dingwallian Saints fan had attending the RC shop in person they would’ve been able to buy a ticket and get one free? Begs the question, why did they not just pop down in person.

Well they wouldn’t. 

I’m feeling pretty sorry for the hard done by Saints fans, who not only lost out on Richie Brittain but now haven’t been able to claim free tickets to a meaningless Wednesday night fixture 100 miles away.
So what I am going to do I use my season ticket privilege to claim my free ticket and I’ll place it neatly folded under the Banardos box in the corner of the Mallard bar on Saturday. Simple retrieve the ticket and upon entry subtlety make your way to the away end. Thank me later. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Strange guy. 

He'll probably be on here at some point, if County win, gloating about having a racist manager because he thinks itll wind folk up, seems the type.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He'll probably be on here at some point, if County win, gloating about having a racist manager because he thinks itll wind folk up, seems the type.

You think I am the type to celebrate racism?  What an utterly bizarre thing to say about anyone.

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

You think I am the type to celebrate racism?  What an utterly bizarre thing to say about anyone.

I think youll say virtually anything "for bites", tbh.

Just now, Pete the Jakey said:

Agreed, but publicly accusing someone you’ve never met of being a racist is pretty fucking libellous.

It would be if id done that.

Ill leave this here though, otherwise itll be a 3 page thread of mindless drivel.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would be if id done that.

Ill leave this here though, otherwise itll be a 3 page thread of mindless drivel.

I don’t happen to think accusing someone of being a racist sympathiser is mindless drivel. You know nothing of me, my ethnicity or my beliefs. 

Enjoy the match.

… anyway, Macca keeping cards close to his chest regarding the goalkeeping situation for tomorrow. It surely has to be Sinclair, what is there to gain from us playing Matthews in what is a dead rubber for the club? Bringing in youth players and giving them a chance will be another tick in the box for Maclean if he can keep doing that over the next few days.

It is an interesting twist on the old equitable pricing for home and away tickets, and one we could learn from.

Basically, next time we play Celtic or rangers at home we email all our ST holders and database (!) list telling them tickets for Saints fans are on sale on the Monday at the normal match price - £23 ish.

On the Tuesday morning at 8:55am we tweet that away supporters who want a ticket at that price can buy one between 9am and 9:30am from McDiarmid Park.

After that, all tickets are £30.