Misheard Words/Phrases

6 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Can we include Tescos and Asdas? 

Only if we can add Asdar into the mix.

I take it people got that from Sainsbury's. Mr Sainsbury had a shop, so presumably there must be a Mr Tesco and Mrs Asda (dunno why I'm gendering fictional supermarket owners, but there you go).

Irrelevant, but there's an American chain called Fry's Food & Drug, which my son found amusing when he was wee. "What drug do they sell, dad?"  :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, BTFD said:

Only if we can add Asdar into the mix.

I take it people got that from Sainsbury's. Mr Sainsbury had a shop, so presumably there must be a Mr Tesco and Mrs Asda (dunno why I'm gendering fictional supermarket owners, but there you go).

Irrelevant, but there's an American chain called Fry's Food & Drug, which my son found amusing when he was wee. "What drug do they sell, dad?"  :rolleyes:

I know a guy who, donkey's years ago, worked for Associated Dairies before it was shortened to Asda. 

On 25/05/2023 at 06:24, Todd_is_God said:

Seen a few belters over the years on twitter etc

"Lack toast and tolerant" and "it's 10 the grease outside" a couple of notable examples.

Unlike hand/hang gliding where, despite being wrong you can understand both why someone might not think this was wrong and the meaning is quite obvious, i'm often left wondering just what the f**k someone who thinks the likes of "lack toast and tolerant" is correct thinks it means...

You need to stop eating toast.  It is making you angry.

22 hours ago, BTFD said:

They also sell math books…

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

They also sell math books…

More like meth books in some parts of Phoenix.

Hey, that must be the drug!