Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I think McTominay was just back from injury and I think McGinn was f**ked after a long season. 

4 hours ago, Old Bing said:

Sure I agree definitely 👍 they both played 3 games injured

To reinvent the words in a post that you have directly quoted - there is wanting to argue and then there is wanting to argue 😂

5 hours ago, Old Bing said:

Sure I agree definitely 👍 they both played 3 games injured and nobody mentioned it. Not even Steve who's getting his excuses out, but just forgot this one.

Again how does our squad compare to other teams? Your only looking inward.

McTominay was widely reported as being injured pre-tournament.

You seem to have convinced yourself that we are World beaters.  The evidence would go against this view.

On how our squad compares with other squads, I’m not sure. The proof is in the performances and we didn’t perform well. You think that was because of Clarke. I think it may also be to do with the lack of squad depth and the form of key players.

Edited by Scary Bear

54 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

McTominay was widely reported as being injured pre-tournament.

You seem to have convinced yourself that we are World beaters.  The evidence would go against this view.

On how our squad compares with other squads, I’m not sure. The proof is in the performances and we didn’t perform well. You think that was because of Clarke. I think it may also be to do with the lack of squad depth and the form of key players.

Yes of course, we're not the worst squad in the tournament = world beaters.

Tell me the one again about our players being tired, totally unfair that none of the other teams players had played full seasons eh.

5 minutes ago, Old Bing said:

Yes of course, we're not the worst squad in the tournament = world beaters.

Tell me the one again about our players being tired, totally unfair that none of the other teams players had played full seasons eh.

Are you having a party when Clarke finally goes? It’s obviously all his doing that Scotland can’t produce enough decent players.

I could pretty much predict already that the next guy will fare no better. There’s no obvious golden generation on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Are you having a party when Clarke finally goes? It’s obviously all his doing that Scotland can’t produce enough decent players.

I could pretty much predict already that the next guy will fare no better. There’s no obvious golden generation on the horizon.

I think its less that i dislike clarke and more that your in love with him tbh.

Again go through the other squads I mentioned (Georgia, Albania, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Romania) and compare.

If you can't see our squad is comparable and in some cases better then your just covering your ears and eyes. 

Theres no need for "world beaters" or "golden generations" or whatever hyperbole you like. None of these teams are world beaters or golden generations.

2 hours ago, Old Bing said:

I think its less that i dislike clarke and more that your in love with him tbh.

Again go through the other squads I mentioned (Georgia, Albania, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Romania) and compare.

If you can't see our squad is comparable and in some cases better then your just covering your ears and eyes. 

Theres no need for "world beaters" or "golden generations" or whatever hyperbole you like. None of these teams are world beaters or golden generations.

Scotland are a team who never do well at tournaments. That pre-dates Clarke.

I haven’t got the enthusiasm to piss about comparing the Scotland squad with other teams squads. What would that prove anyway? I can see with my own eyes that the Scotland squad is limited. They have occasional wee moments, like the Spain game, but most of the time they aren’t very good.

You are unhappy that the SFA haven’t binned Clarke. I wouldn’t say I love him, but I see that he’s there for the foreseeable, so that’s that. No point fretting about it. It’s not like Scotland are going to burst into life and be a great team when he leaves.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I haven’t got the enthusiasm to piss about comparing the Scotland squad with other teams squads. What would that prove anyway? I can see with my own eyes that the Scotland squad is limited. They have occasional wee moments, like the Spain game, but most of the time they aren’t very good.

You are unhappy that the SFA haven’t binned Clarke. I wouldn’t say I love him, but I see that he’s there for the foreseeable, so that’s that. No point fretting about it. It’s not like Scotland are going to burst into life and be a great team when he leaves.

Well if your not going to compare the scotland team or squad against the teams we're competing against then your not being objective are you.

So your opinion on if we're doing badly or well is based on absolutely nothing.

28 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Pretty much how I see it.

I have no appetite to discuss this.

For me it's not even a Steve Clarke thing. It's a qualification thing.

Steve Clarke is a success when it comes to qualifying. That's indisputable.

I'd be willing willing to wager £1k with one person here, that our next manager will fail to qualify for their first tournament*

*If we switch to a back four.

Edited by Chripper

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Doesn’t seem to be. 

f**k it, I'm breaking ranks; Steve Clarke.

There. Steve Clarke has been gone.

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Doesn’t seem to be. 

Well it might or might not, depending on performances.

I'd love you to explain how your judge the scotland results and performances. If it's not on the standard of our team in relation to the teams we're playing?

Do you also judge them historically like chripper? So a completely different team playing completely different teams 🤔

That's pretty weird, it's as logical as thinking you couldn't learn French because someone 20 years ago who lived in the same street tried and couldn't 🤣

18 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Pretty much how I see it.

I have no appetite to discuss this.

For me it's not even a Steve Clarke thing. It's a qualification thing.

Steve Clarke is a success when it comes to qualifying. That's indisputable.

I'd be willing willing to wager £1k with one person here, that our next manager will fail to qualify for their first tournament*

*If we switch to a back four.

As if you have a grand lying about 🤣

6 hours ago, Old Bing said:

The pro steve camp has taken a weird turn imo.

Weve got one guy insisting steve is doing a good job and backing that up with "because I like him".

And he's being backed up by a loon boasting he has a phone contract 🤣

Meanwhile you’re away comparing the Scotland squad with other bog-average Euro trash to keep your righteous indignation with the SFA and Steve Clarke going. It’s September tomorrow and you still haven’t calmed down.

The Euros campaign is done and dusted. Steve is still in charge. Move on with your life.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Meanwhile you’re away comparing the Scotland squad with other bog-average Euro trash to keep your righteous indignation with the SFA and Steve Clarke going. It’s September tomorrow and you still haven’t calmed down.

The Euros campaign is done and dusted. Steve is still in charge. Move on with your life.

Bang average? Yet all performed better than us 🤣 interesting

33 minutes ago, Old Bing said:

Bang average? Yet all performed better than us 🤣 interesting

Qualified but pumped out next round. Also rans. Bang average. Better losers than us though.

Don’t get me wrong I would love us to get through the group stages sometime, but the same thing would likely happen. Pumped out at the first knockout stage.

Anyway, good luck to Steve and the boys for the upcoming matches. 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Qualified but pumped out next round. Also rans. Bang average. Better losers than us though.

Don’t get me wrong I would love us to get through the group stages sometime, but the same thing would likely happen. Pumped out at the first knockout stage.

Anyway, good luck to Steve and the boys for the upcoming matches. 

What are you talking about man 🤣 absolute drivel.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

This isn't about the Euro-2024.

He's been after Clarke since Euro-2020. It's more of a campaign than your normal fan venting process after a disappointment.

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

This isn't about the Euro-2024.

He's been after Clarke since Euro-2020. It's more of a campaign than your normal fan venting process after a disappointment.

I don't see your point, we performed terribly in both tournaments.