LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

On 02/11/2023 at 22:52, andrew21 said:

Wee Rose manager having a pop at the officials, "always cheated never defeated" yet again.

If it had been Herdy getting booked it would have been one thing, but John Millar? I've stood or sat near him at dozens of games and I've never heard him bad-mouth an official once. That's pretty rare. When he was getting booked he was saying "But I didn't say anything" and I would definitely believe that. 

Officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the result, Rose got what they deserved. The ref was still a f**king shambles. He gave fouls for the Rose that had our fans in laughter. My favourite was when Maguire looped his arms over those of the defender behind him and won a foul. Celtic's number 5 was booked for nothing.

It's been one of the stand-out features for me of watching the Lowland League that the refereeing has been much, much worse than it is in tier 6, despite it being a theoretically higher grade of referee and their fees being nearly double. They have no feel for the game. Genuinely, the standard of refereeing in the North Caley league, in the North Juniors Championship, is miles better than the obnoxious, prancing halfwit with no football sense whatsoever that we saw on Wednesday. Refereeing below tier 5 is generally not bad at all and the next highest level of football I've seen refereeing this consistently bad is the university games on Wednesday afternoons.

And again, it has had nothing to do with how Rose have fared this season. The referees are even-handed in their amateurism. Rose have been naive and haven't adapted, contributing to our mad number of red cards.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll learn, and when we're playing without Ogilvie, McMullan and Heaver we were always going to lack quality and composure in possession, especially on a pitch that fast. All four of the previous EoS teams that have come up into the Lowland League have taken a season to adjust and I'm sure that's what we're seeing now.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

If it had been Herdy getting booked it would have been one thing, but John Millar? I've stood or sat near him at dozens of games and I've never heard him bad-mouth an official once. That's pretty rare. When he was getting booked he was saying "But I didn't say anything" and I would definitely believe that. 

Officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the result, Rose got what they deserved. The ref was still a f**king shambles. He gave fouls for the Rose that had our fans in laughter. My favourite was when Maguire looped his arms over those of the defender behind him and won a foul. Celtic's number 5 was booked for nothing.

It's been one of the stand-out features for me of watching the Lowland League that the refereeing has been much, much worse than it is in tier 6, despite it being a theoretically higher grade of referee and their fees being nearly double. They have no feel for the game. Genuinely, the standard of refereeing in the North Caley league, in the North Juniors Championship, is miles better than the obnoxious, prancing halfwit with no football sense whatsoever that we saw on Wednesday. Refereeing below tier 5 is generally not bad at all and the next highest level of football I've seen refereeing this consistently bad is the university games on Wednesday afternoons.

And again, it has had nothing to do with how Rose have fared this season. The referees are even-handed in their amateurism. Rose have been naive and haven't adapted, contributing to our mad number of red cards.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll learn, and when we're playing without Ogilvie, McMullan and Heaver we were always going to lack quality and composure in possession, especially on a pitch that fast. All four of the previous EoS teams that have come up into the Lowland League have taken a season to adjust and I'm sure that's what we're seeing now.

Referees will tell you themselves that VAR introduction hoovered up so many officials that lower down the tiers, officials were promoted up the leagues with much less experience than they should have.

25 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Referees will tell you themselves that VAR introduction hoovered up so many officials that lower down the tiers, officials were promoted up the leagues with much less experience than they should have.

Every club and support will have multiple moans about the referees throughout the season, but at some point you to stop using it as an excuse every time a result doesn’t go your way.

The most ridiculous refereeing example I can remember in recent times is Iain Davidson getting sent off in the first half for us last season against Rangers B for supposed violent conduct.  When it was proved by video after that Iain committed no violent act, the referee was allowed to change his report to find another reason to send him off.🤣.   Totally changed game in my opinion in a match we narrowly lost 2-1 at Central Park.

Edited by Cowdenleith

56 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Every club and support will have multiple moans about the referees throughout the season, but at some point you to stop using it as an excuse every time a result doesn’t go your way.

The most ridiculous refereeing example I can remember in recent times is Iain Davidson getting sent off in the first half for us last season against Rangers B for supposed violent conduct.  When it was proved by video after that Iain committed no violent act, the referee was allowed to change his report to find another reason to send him off.🤣.   Totally changed game in my opinion in a match we narrowly lost 2-1 at Central Park.

That referee is now in the SPFL !

Very good performance despite being down to bare bones.  Bad looking Injury for Skinner. 

Never seen an injury crisis like it.

Embarrassing shouts from the cowdenbeath clowns on the far side when Skinner was clearly badly hurt.

28 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Very good performance despite being down to bare bones.  Bad looking Injury for Skinner. 

Embarrassing shouts from the cowdenbeath clowns on the far side when Skinner was clearly badly hurt.

deleted - made my apologies further down.

Edited by UsedToGoToCentralPark

21 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Apparently he twisted his ankle hopefully the boy will be ok.

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

He got injured trying to make a challenge that could have broken someone's legs so should have been sent off as well. Looked like a dangerous play to me. 

I'm going to rephrase that to be he made a tackle that could have broken someone's legs, going in full pelt on a wet surface, if he hadn't injured himself then he could have likely been sent off.  I don't think he went into the challenge attempting to hurt anyone in any way just was a bit late.

Game was a bit frantic at that point.

Apologies.

Don't usually post on here as a club official but I will make an exception to put on the record thanks for the care and attention shown to Greg Skinner by the Cowdenbeath committee and volunteers.  They were incredibly helpful.

Football is nothing more than a game we all love.  Nobody wants to see anyone hurt.  Hopefully a quick recovery.

Hopefully the guy recovers as quick as possible and it doesn't affect his full time job in whatever he does.

That said, he absolutely threw himself into a challenge that could have put a Cowden player on the same stretcher, he should have been booked at the very minimum. Silly attempt at a 'tackle'.

39 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Best wishes to the lad with what might be a broken leg.

Don’t think his lunge was malicious but more down to a poor first touch but I did expect the Cowden player to be left in a heap so was surprised it was the Rose player that didn’t get up.

Clean ankle break apparently.