LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

58 minutes ago, UpInTheStand said:

Ok, I'll bite. 6th in the league with the run of injuries we've had? The trophies over the past couple of seasons whilst gubbing the likes of Spartans in the Scottish Cup?

You're out of your depth on a football forum. 🤡 

Just heard his interview, wow is an understatement.  Its that clown that's brought the players in. Maybe he should look at some of the players he's brought in. Or so called players.  Take the maroon glasses of mate. Guys simply not good enough.!! 

7 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Just heard his interview, wow is an understatement.  Its that clown that's brought the players in. Maybe he should look at some of the players he's brought in. Or so called players.  Take the maroon glasses of mate. Guys simply not good enough.!! 

Maybe if you listened to the interview you would have heard him say that was exactly what he was going to do.

He has made a couple of mistakes but having 10 or 11 out injured makes it very difficult. If the Rose had had maybr 2 or 3 missing each week we would be about 3rd although as I said a few days ago a top 4 finish is not out of the question especially if we can get a centre half in on loan.

7 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Gordon is a Rose legend, both as a player and a manager. As a promoted team, we currently sit above all four former SPFL sides.

It sounds to me like you have a personal grudge or support one of the teams the Rose regularly thumped and left behind in the EoSFL. 

23 minutes ago, UpInTheStand said:

Gordon is a Rose legend, both as a player and a manager. As a promoted team, we currently sit above all four former SPFL sides.

It sounds to me like you have a personal grudge or support one of the teams the Rose regularly thumped and left behind in the EoSFL. 

None of the 2 things you mention to be honest, 1 I don't know the guy, so it's not personal and 2 I don't follow anyone in eos league. I just see it how it is. Bottom line is. Rose should be strong enough to deal with boness in my opinion. I am allowed to have an opinion? Or is it just not allowed an opinion when rose are concerned? You're not trying to tell me the fans are happy with that performance?? And its not the 1st time you have struggled against them.. is it?

On 17/04/2023 at 16:20, Rubikscube said:

Think kennoways demise occurred when they lost their top goalscorer and arguably their best player to linlithgow rose, pretty sure they didn't win again for a few month's after that. 

On 10/06/2023 at 13:31, Rubikscube said:

I'm surprised Bo'ness haven't enquired about ex Lithgae striker Lewis Payne, banged in goals at the Rose, now on transfer list at Hill of Beath. Young Lad still and knows where the goals are. 

On 21/07/2023 at 07:10, Rubikscube said:

Sauchie sign Lewis Payne from Haws, great signing on paper let's hope he hits ground running he certainly knows where the goals are, unbelievable finisher. Sauchie certainly not short on firepower going into season. 

Screenshot_20230721_093717_Facebook.jpg

On 17/06/2023 at 23:49, Rubikscube said:

As I said in on another thread, Lewis Payne ex lithgae striker is on transfer list at Hill of Beath, knows where goals are, very quick and can play wide also.. got to be worth a look for Boness utd 

8 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

None of the 2 things you mention to be honest, 1 I don't know the guy, so it's not personal and 2 I don't follow anyone in eos league. I just see it how it is. Bottom line is. Rose should be strong enough to deal with boness in my opinion. I am allowed to have an opinion? Or is it just not allowed an opinion when rose are concerned? You're not trying to tell me the fans are happy with that performance?? And its not the 1st time you have struggled against them.. is it?

10 minutes ago, Rubikscube said:

Played them twice - won one lost one.

Last night missing Allison, Skinner, Gillespie, Ogilvie, McMullan, Baxter, McGuire and Heaver. Thom has not started a game for nearly 2 years. At least 6 of them would be in starting 11 every week. How many other teams at this level could cope with that every game for the last 12 weeks. EK maybe but thats it .

McDowell and Shyngle are 17 and 19. McPherson has missed half the games injured but why let facts get in the way of a rant.

Edited by FuzzyBear

Bo’ness will canter up to the EOS Prem and will challenge imo if they keep their players.

Direct, intense and in your face. Disappointing result but given the team we had out and their false position it’s not a surprising defeat.

Whats disappointing is our defenders not tracking runners and jogging back, all evident on all 5 goals in the video.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Bo’ness will canter up to the EOS Prem and will challenge imo if they keep their players.

Direct, intense and in your face. Disappointing result but given the team we had out and their false position it’s not a surprising defeat.

Whats disappointing is our defenders not tracking runners and jogging back, all evident on all 5 goals in the video.

Surely LL "squad" players should still be on a higher level than what they were up against.

Otherwise what is the point of having them if they are no better than EOS 1st Division standard.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Surely LL "squad" players should still be on a higher level than what they were up against.

Otherwise what is the point of having them if they are no better than EOS 1st Division standard.

You are missing the point. Bo’ness are in a false position. We signed our current top goalscorer from them and their other one is at Kelty.

Like most of the pyramid it’s not equalised yet and I don’t see there being many places between us when it settles.

They are a top half Prem team, so can bite teams like us if we aren’t at our best.

Top half Prem are just as good as most of the LL including us.

7 hours ago, superbigal said:

Very true, unfortunately last night was the game where our injury hit season caught up with us.  

That said, all credit to athletic who were excellent and took full advantage of our dismal showing. 

Moving forward, at this moment we don't have many choices on how we can change things.  So it's really up to the available players to respond in a more positive manner than last nights performance.

10 hours ago, superbigal said:

Bo'ness Athletic are the perfect example of a team in the wrong place as the pyramid comes together.

This season they've played 18 in all competitions, winning 15, drawing 1 (a cup tie they lost on penalties at Shotts) and losing two (against Stirling Uni and... Linlithgow Rose). They've hit 5 or more goals in half of those matches and have scored 52 in 11 league games. This is despite losing two of their best players to Kelty and, er, Linlithgow Rose.

Last season they won the East of Scotland League Cup from the league's bottom tier, humping Dunipace 4-0 in the final. They won 33 of their 36 league games and scored 210 goals. They hit double figures in 6 games. They played 54 matches in all competition winning 47, drawing 2 (one of them a league game away at Armadale well after the league was won) and losing 5 (including an extra time defeat at Civil Service Strollers in the East Qualifying Cup, a 4-3 defeat at Luncarty in the Alex Jack Cup semi-final and a 1-0 defeat at Lochore in the King Cup semi final).

The league they're currently in is irrelevant; if they were in the LL they would definitely be mid-table at the very lowest. Their defending is par for that league but their attack is well above the average. Having seen them 4 times in the past year IMO they're better than Elgin, Forfar and Clyde.

So no, a LL team relying on 17 and 19 year old fringe players shouldn't be expected to beat them. No need to put the word squad in inverted commas. Should do better than 5-1, but not necessarily win.

Worth saying, it was already 4-0 when the 19-year-old centre half was subbed after 30 minutes for a guy with IIRC no starts in about 2 years; over the remaining hour it was 1-1, and not because Athletic backed off, that was a fair reflection of the game.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the Athletic player that got a horrible concussion from a ball to the side of the head and still couldn't walk without help a good 5 minutes later. I hope he's doing better and that they'll give him a break from playing.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Bo'ness Athletic are the perfect example of a team in the wrong place as the pyramid comes together.

This season they've played 18 in all competitions, winning 15, drawing 1 (a cup tie they lost on penalties at Shotts) and losing two (against Stirling Uni and... Linlithgow Rose). They've hit 5 or more goals in half of those matches and have scored 52 in 11 league games. This is despite losing two of their best players to Kelty and, er, Linlithgow Rose.

Last season they won the East of Scotland League Cup from the league's bottom tier, humping Dunipace 4-0 in the final. They won 33 of their 36 league games and scored 210 goals. They hit double figures in 6 games. They played 54 matches in all competition winning 47, drawing 2 (one of them a league game away at Armadale well after the league was won) and losing 5 (including an extra time defeat at Civil Service Strollers in the East Qualifying Cup, a 4-3 defeat at Luncarty in the Alex Jack Cup semi-final and a 1-0 defeat at Lochore in the King Cup semi final).

The league they're currently in is irrelevant; if they were in the LL they would definitely be mid-table at the very lowest. Their defending is par for that league but their attack is well above the average. Having seen them 4 times in the past year IMO they're better than Elgin, Forfar and Clyde.

So no, a LL team relying on 17 and 19 year old fringe players shouldn't be expected to beat them. No need to put the word squad in inverted commas. Should do better than 5-1, but not necessarily win.

Worth saying, it was already 4-0 when the 19-year-old centre half was subbed after 30 minutes for a guy with IIRC no starts in about 2 years; over the remaining hour it was 1-1, and not because Athletic backed off, that was a fair reflection of the game.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the Athletic player that got a horrible concussion from a ball to the side of the head and still couldn't walk without help a good 5 minutes later. I hope he's doing better and that they'll give him a break from playing.

The injured player was on FB later that night saying he was fine but as you say he should be getting the weekend off .

Just watched the highlights of the Rose v Athletic game.  Far too many Rose players when defending had no clue where the opposition players were......all just looking at the ball like they were playing at Primary School level. Can't see how anyone can have an issue with Herdy's post match comments.   

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as it's a new ground to visit.  The game itself is probably must win for us to try to build some sort of consistency but it's going to be very tough I'd wager.  Let's see what happens though I guess.

I hear there's some excellent pubs in the town too.  If I can find a pub that has Viaplay Sports after the game then that'll be ideal.