Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

On 14/06/2023 at 20:34, Deanburn Dave said:

I am not on the committee so have no knowledge of the financial arrangements.   ........but this is P&B where rumours and gossip are put forward as FACTS.  

Max not taking a wage from the BU and financing the pay for 3 players wages was the story I heard from a few sources .

Here is an actual truth that affects the budget- the BU support home and away has dropped by 50% since pre Covid days. Results, performance and style of play combined with "the Athletic factor" have caused a drop.

The BU's need a big support and big results to get a top 6 finish.

I am confident that big Hunter is the man for the job.

By this do you mean you are aware of folk who no longer follow BU to go follow them? 

On 14/06/2023 at 19:57, Deanburn Dave said:

It is indeed old news.  

When Max left it was widely known Alasson would be leaving the BU's at the end of the season......as Max was paying his wages.

The BU faithful knew his last game was the cup final v EK.

The player signing for Tranent was 100% expected.

Why would you let a manger pay wages.  That's why he had to resign you couldn't sack him.

Pathetic leadership from your committee.

On 16/06/2023 at 00:20, 8MileBU said:

By this do you mean you are aware of folk who no longer follow BU to go follow them? 

Only been to a few Athletic gam when BU's have not been playing.  There is a small number of older fans who I have seen at BU games in the past who now follow Athletic.  A bigger worry for me is the number of youngsters 12 to 20 who turn up......that should be the BU's future fan base 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Only been to a few Athletic gam when BU's have not been playing.  There is a small number of older fans who I have seen at BU games in the past who now follow Athletic.  A bigger worry for me is the number of youngsters 12 to 20 who turn up......that should be the BU's future fan base 

That's probably united problem they haven't evolved. They got upto lowland leaguenwith a very good but mostly ageing side.

They haven't really made themselves what they were in the early 2000s and seem to have telied on being "the real boness". 

Athletic have played good football and have an air of freshness about them. They are trying to move forward. United are keeping their head above water but have so much potential 

Every week they have a home game. 

See even when the 4 players are announced next week, how many players does that bring us upto considering pre season is a few weeks away, there’s no excuse for oh we have no budget because every other day I’m seeing a team like gretna signing players left right and Centre 

18 minutes ago, BUrambler said:

See even when the 4 players are announced next week, how many players does that bring us upto considering pre season is a few weeks away, there’s no excuse for oh we have no budget because every other day I’m seeing a team like gretna signing players left right and Centre 

Why not announce them papers take an hour to register,I smell shite

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

This makes me absolutely cringe.

On 04/06/2023 at 08:21, boheesian said:

Fill in the gaps

Digaba

Stevenson, Hawkins, McArhur, McAulay

Johnston,  Gemmell, Grant

Malcolm

Whoever gets the position has a big rebuild in front of them.

BUrambler was asking how many players are signed.........Boheesian previously posted a team and asked us to fill in the gaps. 

A big factor will be the formation.    Will Big Hunter favour 4-2-3-1,     4-3-3     or     4-4-2  .

I reckon we need at least 5 players who have experienced  LL level-   a number 9, a  big centrehalf**, two midfielders, a right back............plus youngsters like French and Murdoch.        I would be OK with Ryan Stevenson at right back but it's a waste of his talent playing him in the defence. 

BUrambler was asking how many players are signed.........Boheesian previously posted a team and asked us to fill in the gaps. 

A big factor will be the formation.    Will Big Hunter favour 4-2-3-1,     4-3-3     or     4-4-2  .

I reckon we need at least 5 players who have experienced  LL level-   a number 9, a  big centrehalf**, two midfielders, a right back............plus youngsters like French and Murdoch.        I would be OK with Ryan Stevenson at right back but it's a waste of his talent playing him in the defence. 

I’m hoping we at least have a squad of 20 going into the new season, hunter and Gemmel Will know the quailty of player we need to comepete at this level 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

As I said in on another thread, Lewis Payne ex lithgae striker is on transfer list at Hill of Beath, knows where goals are, very quick and can play wide also.. got to be worth a look for Boness utd