Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

We started as a 3-4-3.

First half:-

Trialist goalie as Musa and a new keeper were not available.   Beaten by a great shot that keepers just don't save and by a penalty.  Otherwise he was fairly solid.

Hawkeye, McArthur and a young left footed centrehalf as the back 3.   McArthur looked a bit out of sorts -probably because the approach from Tranent to buy him was met by a firm GTF.

McCauley and Stevenson as wingbacks worked OK.

The trialist 6 and Kyle Johnston as defensive mids worked too.  Kyle was my MOTFH (Man of the first half !!).  

Trialist 11 was out wide and played well.    Fin Malcolm was at 9 and worked hard without getting any real breaks,   Tom Grant looked a bit of a passenger and/or unfit.

Halftime saw 5 changes.  Gemmell and Jacobs went into the defensive mid role. there was another 3 subs after that and it was a bit disjointed for a while but the performance improved. 

Wee John Ward was put on as a left sided centrehalf which presumably was to allow a trialist a chance to play at leftback.

The forward who came on to replace Fin Malcolm was looking decent against the tiring LTHV defence.  Porteous also looks a good player.

Lots of running about and effort but it takes a while for players to get to know how each other play.     I understand that half the trialists we saw tonight have signed and the BU's are just waiting on registration before announcing,     

Overall the MOTM for me was the number 11 trialist ..............and the team gets a C+ grading from me.  

More on John-James Henderson:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-james-henderson/profil/spieler/297253

https://archive.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=John_James_Henderson_-_the_interview&ID=9121

Was with Dunfermline and Livingston and received a U-16 Scotland callup at one point. No sign so far of who he played for last season.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 05/07/2023 at 09:10, LongTimeLurker said:

More on John-James Henderson:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-james-henderson/profil/spieler/297253

https://archive.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=John_James_Henderson_-_the_interview&ID=9121

Was with Dunfermline and Livingston and received a U-16 Scotland callup at one point. No sign so far of who he played for last season.

Away to Pollok on Saturday.  It's probably an hour in the car but if you prefer the train here's the train details:-

An Off Peak Day return Linlithgow to Pollokshaws EAST costs £16.   

(It's a load of Polloks !! as there's Pollokshaws East, Pollokshaws West, Pollokshields East, Pollokshields West !!)

Leave Linlithgow at 11:34 ............arrive at Queen Street Glasgow at 12:09 .........

then a wee walk to Glasgow Central for the train to NEWTON

The Newton train leaves Glasgow Central at 12:45 and stops at Pollokshaws EAST  at 12:56.

It's a 2pm kick off so you have an hour for a refreshment or to pop into the big Morrisons for coffee and a bun.

Shaun Rutherford, Fin Malcom, Daniel Irving, Ryan Porteous, Louis Kennedy and JJ Henderson all announced. 

All look to be good and positive signings ... just hope they last longer than 3 months this time lol. 

I still wish for another Striker, Centre mid and Centre half, but I’m sure Big Hunts isn’t done just yet.

56 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Shaun Rutherford, Fin Malcom, Daniel Irving, Ryan Porteous, Louis Kennedy and JJ Henderson all announced. 

All look to be good and positive signings ... just hope they last longer than 3 months this time lol. 

I still wish for another Striker, Centre mid and Centre half, but I’m sure Big Hunts isn’t done just yet.

The BU Facebook page has a bit more info. States that Ryan Porteous is our club record signing......no pressure then !!

Good luck to all the new boys.

On 04/06/2023 at 08:21, boheesian said:

Fill in the gaps

Digaba

Stevenson, Hawkins, McArhur, McAulay

Johnston,  Gemmell, Grant

Malcolm

Whoever gets the position has a big rebuild in front of them.

Add, Rutherford, Henderson, Kennedy, Irving, Porteous, Ward ( had resigned )

Jacobs ?, Heeps ? Miller? I know Devon played on Tuesday but has he resigned

Our new signings are all good ages. Average out at 23.   They should all have the legs for "Hunterball" !!

Shaun Rutherford, 26 year old left back

Fin Malcom, 19 year old centre forward

Daniel Irving, 23 year old right back

Ryan Porteous, (worked out he is about 25)  attacking midfielder

Louis Kennedy 21 year old centre midfield  

JJ Henderson 23 year old central midfielder  (and coach !!)