Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

We blew them away in the first half.  We were playing well and looked so solid defensively that  Big Musa could have stayed on his holidays a couple of extra days.

Second half there were loads of changes so no surprise that we were less effective at times.

Overall I am happy with the Fitbaw today.   MOTM Hawkins

A very comfortable performance today with a threat up front too. After the shambles of the Max Christie I’m happier than I have been for a long while. It’s early days granted but after all the negativity of the last couple of seasons it’s good to get a bit of positivity. Thought we always looked a threat and comfortable at the back 

Agree that the attendance was poor.   

We will all have opinions on why the BU support has dwindled.    I would say that the main reason was the style of Fitbaw Max and Little were playing was pass pass pass........ with very few chances created.  It was dull, dull dull,

If Big Hunter's team keep creating lots of chances, keep scoring goals and he can make Newtown Park a fortress the numbers will rise.

Yes it would be good to see the old fans back ...........but it would be even better if the club could also attract new fans to the matches.

Yeah must admit I was disappointed with the crowd. 2 years of underachievement has affected us. Will we ever get them back because if we don’t then we will just stagnate. Hopefully we do and can kick on we were once the best supported side outside the football league. I remember all the big junior cup games back in the day.  We used to be a great draw for clubs because of the crowds we brought. I thought when we were going up to lowland league I expected us to have the best gates. So I’ve been bitterly disappointed in that respect since we went up. But we have been a big disappointment 

Well that’s the season started and I was pleasantly surprised with todays performance .

Everyone played well and the finish from Porteous for his second goal was class .

Ok , there will be stiffer tests but you can only beat what’s in front of you .

Poorer second half but this so often happens when the game is basically won at half time .

The next two matches will tell us a lot .

15 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Agree that the attendance was poor.   

We will all have opinions on why the BU support has dwindled.    I would say that the main reason was the style of Fitbaw Max and Little were playing was pass pass pass........ with very few chances created.  It was dull, dull dull,

If Big Hunter's team keep creating lots of chances, keep scoring goals and he can make Newtown Park a fortress the numbers will rise.

Yes it would be good to see the old fans back ...........but it would be even better if the club could also attract new fans to the matches.

Re the crowd, I dunno where some of you guys stand but that’s as good a crowd as there’s been in quite a while. 

You also have to factor in:

> It’s July - with Covid now little more than a minor inconvenience, stacks of folk are away holidays abroad again. 

> Gala brought very few fans.

> Sad-act glory hunters who’d rather go watch the other team now since they could beat Armadale and some amateur sides to win their league.

Edited by 8MileBU