Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

0-0 at halftime.   BU the better team and had the best chances. Penalty was Rutherford's attempted challenge as the Rovers striker had a rare run into the box.   The penalty attempt saw a really slow run up and Musa staying upright.......Musa didn't show his intention and the Albion striker hit a weak effort to Musa's right and the keeper was on it like a hungry dog on a sausage.

BU's need to be more clinical in the second half.

Mon the BU's !!!

The BU's had most of the chances but almost every one was straight at the Rovers keeper.  McArthur looked knackered but still thought he could dribble out of trouble.  I like confidence but Lewis was overconfident and it cost us a goal.   I thought the Rovers red card would force them to defend but they had some of their best chances with 10 men.

Last 10-15 minutes was all a bit frantic and feisty.  Lots happening at both ends with both teams at "the dark arts".

Despite us losing I actually enjoyed the game as a contest.

Roll on Saturday........

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The BU's had most of the chances but almost every one was straight at the Rovers keeper.  McArthur looked knackered but still thought he could dribble out of trouble.  I like confidence but Lewis was overconfident and it cost us a goal.   I thought the Rovers red card would force them to defend but they had some of their best chances with 10 men.

Last 10-15 minutes was all a bit frantic and feisty.  Lots happening at both ends with both teams at "the dark arts".

Despite us losing I actually enjoyed the game as a contest.

Roll on Saturday........

Lewis looked injured. Was a good game as a neutral as well as scooping the top prize at the half time raffle. 

Big number 12 when he came on looked a handful

Boness played some good football but had no luck in front of goal

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

Big number 12 when he came on looked a handful

I enjoyed coming through for the game tonight guys as has been mentioned it was competative and worth the watch

Just to note on big Bright (number 12), hes only 17, he has alot to learn but is improving 

8 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I enjoyed coming through for the game tonight guys as has been mentioned it was competative and worth the watch

Just to note on big Bright (number 12), hes only 17, he has alot to learn but is improving 

He was quick and strong. I'm sure if keep nurturing him and Joe they'll come on. Big arnie was brilliant at the back last night looked a lot leaner than when he was with us at camelon