Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

It was great to have a decent away support at Newtown last night , been so lacking in Lowland League .

Made for a good atmosphere which the game itself deserved .

Even in defeat , you find yourself looking forward to the next game and really hope the BU are up for it as much as last night .

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Going to be tough today against Cumbernauld Colts.  The Colts have gone to Linlithgow Rose and Stirling University and got 6 points.

Hopefully the BU's can do the business.

They looked ok against the Rose but no better than that. They played against 10 for 90 mins and 9 for 70 mins. 

BU trail 0-1 at halftime.  Several BU players are sleepwalking through this game.  Gemmell yellow card in 30 seconds has really affected his game.   The attack isn't working. Don't think we have tested their goalie.  So many players standing waiting for the ball to come to them. GO TO THE BALL FFS !!!

Only other news was that McCauley came on for the injured Rutherford on 30 mins.

Ah well , that’s the honeymoon period over .

Vulnerabilities being shown now .

But , having said that we would have taken 15 points out of 21 . At start of season we would have welcomed that .

Bad day at the office , move on to next week .

Ended 0-3 and no complaints about the result from me. Better team won.

Gemmell early yellow card. ...Michael's immediate apology and body language indicated to me that the card was merited.

The BU attack......we just never seemed to get any breaks of the ball today.  That is how it goes sometimes.

Stevenson penalty.....nobody else wanted to take the responsibility so for me the Ryan haters can GTF.

McArthur mistakes .....he is not as good as he thinks he is.  Safety First Lewis ....just clear the ball.

Today was a reality check. On our day we can get a result but today was not one of those days.