Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

We were lucky still to be in the game at half time , could have been at least 3 nil .

Second half plenty of chances , couldn’t convert and gave away a second .

I could have written this scenario many times over the past 5 years .

Our squad is too small and lacking a bit of quality in certain positions .

3 games without a goal is worrying though .

12 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Our squad is too small and lacking a bit of quality in certain positions .

3 games without a goal is worrying though .

Hit the nail on the head. 

Gemmell is not a centrehalf but with Hawkeye absent he had to fill that role today.   You cannot have only 2 Centrehalfs in your squad. 

There were chances for the BU's today but the BU's were too sloppy with passes/crosses to make them into clear chances.

Need to get our mojo back.....and quick.

This was always likely to be a challenging season given what happened with Ian Little leaving unexpectedly. Having 15 points in the bag from the first 5 games is the sort of thing that sometimes happens when a new manager comes in until the other teams figure out his tactics. 

Another tough one to take, clearly needing some cutting edge up front. Positive would be Stenhouse looked electric when he came on (though I was on the other side). Porteous is more effective through the middle, off the left he's struggling to get involved in the game.

Start of the season gave us high hopes, but the bubble has burst. Unfortunately todays score line really flattered Bo’ness. Considering the end of last season, a mid table finish this year is again a reasonable expectation. Stuart has shown himself to be a promising manager, with very sensible comments in interviews,and hopefully he will bring things back to an even keel.

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

We rode our luck to start with 5 wins.  Defeats were always going to happen.  It is what it is.

I couldn’t say we are not competing in games but it’s the two big ones that’s going wrong , can’t score and giving away goals .

Needs sorted quickly or we will be in the bottom half soon .

46 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Scottish Cup First Round Draw:-

Bo'ness United are HOME to Darvel !!!

TV cameras at Newtown Park maybe if the first round is televised? Not the same team now as played Aberdeen because many/most of the players moved to East Kilbride with Mick Kennedy.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Scottish Cup First Round Draw:-

Bo'ness United are HOME to Darvel !!!

Big improvement required if we are to progress. Badly need to so we can invest in the squad. No money poor team less fans it’s a vicious circle and we ain’t in a good place 

8 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Big improvement required if we are to progress. Badly need to so we can invest in the squad. No money poor team less fans it’s a vicious circle and we ain’t in a good place 

A good run in the Big Scottish brings in some much needed cash.  A home tie is good but I would have preferred avoiding Darvel.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A good run in the Big Scottish brings in some much needed cash.  A home tie is good but I would have preferred avoiding Darvel.

I thought ye were past all that why do folk persist on calling it the big Scottish it is simply THE Scottish Cup.