Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Bo’ness have improved this season. If it was not for the chicken man chucking money at it, you would have been in with a chance of winning the league. 

If the inevitable happens and EK wins the league, it would be better for the league that they win the play off. Would make it a more level playing field next season for everyone

Edited by Connor7

18 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Musa has been in and around training with Raith Rovers for a decent length of time. Not ready for that level yet but have to presume there's some interest that got him in the door.

He was regularly in at pro performance academy getting coaching from Robbie Thomson that's where the connection to Raith Rovers is from 

You can please some of the players some of the time but not all of the players all of the time. From what I hear the dressing room is a happy place compared to what was apparently a toxic one under Max. Hunts and Michael have put together a decent squad which is proving itself, as shows from their league position. Using ex-players to scout for player to fit in to squad added to the management team getting some current players extending contracts can only improve team. Sending players out on loan for game time isn’t as sign of an unhappy dressing room just a Manager doing his job.

Edited by boheesian

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

You can please some of the players some of the time but not all of the players all of the time. From what I hear the dressing room is a happy place compared to what was apparently a toxic one under Max. Hunts and Michael have put together a decent squad which is proving itself, as shows from their league position. Using ex-players to scout for player to fit in to squad added to the management team getting some current players extending contracts can only improve team. Sending players out on loan for game time isn’t as sign of an unhappy dressing just a Manager doing his job.

Agree , an excellent job bearing in mind thrown in just as season going to start .

No revolving door this season which has been a big bonus .

As I’ve said before some excellent games to watch this term against some crap previous 2 seasons .

Keep it up guys .

I watch this young man when he was on loan a couple season top class a good audition to the team hunts and Michael have been busy all going well the rest of the season is looking good if bu can keep it going all like for next season

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

According to transfermarkt:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kieran-mitchell/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/903252

Bo'ness United
Lowland LeagueLowland League League level: ScotlandFifth Tier Joined: Jan 19, 2024 Contract expires: May 31, 2025

Decent that. Squad already shaping up nicely for next season.

49 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Suprised he didn't make the grade in the SPFL but guess he is young enough that it can still happen and he probably wants to play regularly more than anything else at this point.

Mitchell scored a critical goal for us in the season opener, but then was getting no time and went to East Fife on loan. There he wasn’t getting a lot of success and was being played back and forth between CF and LW, perhaps about 30% of the time. My guess is Murray decided he wasn’t going to offer him a contract next year and saw an opportunity to send him to you lot, as he couldn’t play anywhere but back at Raith now.

Hope he does well for you, I’m disappointed we let him go.