Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

According to transfermarkt:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kieran-mitchell/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/903252

Bo'ness United
Lowland LeagueLowland League League level: ScotlandFifth Tier Joined: Jan 19, 2024 Contract expires: May 31, 2025

That expiry date ties in with what I heard.   It's a permanent move to BU from Raith Rovers after he had periods on loan at Bonnyrigg and East Fife.

1 hour ago, blue 8 said:

I watch this young man when he was on loan a couple season top class a good audition to the team hunts and Michael have been busy all going well the rest of the season is looking good if bu can keep it going all like for next season

Likewise. Especially in a match against Beith where he showed what potential he had. A good bit of business by the club.

46 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Slightly concerning that Hunter and Gemmill seem to have a decent longish term plan as opposed to the usual shenanigans. Things looking Ok for you at the moment.

After the disastrous Max era when we blew hot and cold due to constant tinkering Hunts & Michael have been a breath of fresh air. Sure there will be bumps along the way but they obviously have made plans already for next season.

This is not all for next season the new lad is hopefully hear to stay  it is still good work from the management all good teams look forward not behind hunts and Michael are looking ahead

4 minutes ago, blue 8 said:

This is not all for next season the new lad is hopefully hear to stay  it is still good work from the management all good teams look forward not behind hunts and Michael are looking ahead

The fact he’s signed up till May 25 means just that he’s staying.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

After the disastrous Max era when we blew hot and cold due to constant tinkering Hunts & Michael have been a breath of fresh air. Sure there will be bumps along the way but they obviously have made plans already for next season.

Yet many on here defended Max to the max so to speak .

Not I though .

10 hours ago, seenitall said:

Not I though .

I admit I did but it all began to unravel for me with constant tinkering and falling out with players.

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It turned a bit sour at points but overall Max Christie took the BU's forward.  

Dave, ur a great BU supporter but even the great don’t always get it right. Max is a toxic manager and has been at every club he’s managed. Bonnyrigg, Broxburn, Bo’ness and Tranent. 
your much used “in Max we trust” I’m afraid is now resting on the Titanic

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It turned a bit sour at points but overall Max Christie took the BU's forward.  

He did I agree. But we could’ve been back to where we started if it hadn’t been for the good work of the current management team.

Could you argue Hunter and co. have helped Max’s reputation? Albeit relegation still may have been unlikely even with a disaster start to the summer.

5 hours ago, dolly said:

I think you're letting how things ended sour your view of Max's term as BU boss, he took over from a team well out of a title race under Kerrigan to a league title and the East of Scotland CUp winners, hes the reason we're in the Lowland league now and saw us through the covid years with a very old squad. In Max We Trust was a fair motto based on those years, unfortunately when it came time to replace the old heads in the squad he wasnt the man to do it and things fell apart from there, and the less said about the disgraceful behaviour of him and Little in regards to the end of last season the better.

7 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

I think you're letting how things ended sour your view of Max's term as BU boss, he took over from a team well out of a title race under Kerrigan to a league title and the East of Scotland CUp winners, hes the reason we're in the Lowland league now and saw us through the covid years with a very old squad. In Max We Trust was a fair motto based on those years, unfortunately when it came time to replace the old heads in the squad he wasnt the man to do it and things fell apart from there, and the less said about the disgraceful behaviour of him and Little in regards to the end of last season the better.

Moving in the right direction now hopefully.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Moving in the right direction now hopefully.

It certainly seems that way, I'm sure there'll be a couple bumps in the road with Michael and Hunts being fairly new to management but the business theyve been doing since the job was thrust on them gives me a lot of confidence in both the long and short term

22 hours ago, seenitall said:

Not I though .

5 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Exactly this. Max was a breath of fresh air after the Kerrigan shit-show and put together a good team with a “never beat” attitude which earned us some silverware.

On 19/01/2024 at 19:25, FuzzyBear said:

Slightly concerning that Hunter and Gemmill seem to have a decent longish term plan as opposed to the usual shenanigans. Things looking Ok for you at the moment.

Only looks good if all the other players sign eg Mcauther and Musa a don’t think we are far away from being a good team 

21 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Only looks good if all the other players sign eg Mcauther and Musa a don’t think we are far away from being a good team 

Think it’s pretty clear Musa is on his way out.

Not sure about McArthur. Hope he stays but won’t be as big a miss as he may have been 6 months ago.

McArthur has missed a few games this season and the team has kept on rolling, he's a class player for sure and would be missed, but I don't think next season hinges on him.

Every good team needs a great keeper. Remains to be seen if Ruddy is that man.