Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, dolly said:

Toddled along in the pissing rain my arse. You’re either on the wind up or you’re related to that inept clown of a referee, so toddle off and take your stupid comments with you

I think you just underline my point about the locals 😂

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Isn't that what being a Fitbaw fan is all about.

Not really, I can't remember the last time I called the referee "a cheating c*nt" or chant "cheat cheat cheat" all through the game for having the audacity to give decisions against my team. 

However for all of that, it was a good game to watch, plenty incidents and a fair result.

^^^obviously needs some pearls to clutch because that could only ever happen in Bo'ness rather than somewhere as refined and cultured as Blackburn.

Haud oan a minute, having been to Blackburn a few times over the years that seems like a bit of a stretch, and if B teams in the LL are something to be bitterly opposed why be at this game in the first place?

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not really, I can't remember the last time I called the referee "a cheating c*nt" or chant "cheat cheat cheat" all through the game for having the audacity to give decisions against my team. 

However for all of that, it was a good game to watch, plenty incidents and a fair result.

I'm trying to remember the last time I was at a game Bo'ness or otherwise someone near me didn't call the ref a cheating c**t.

Not to go over old ground but what was especially telling about that referee was how exasperated players on both sides were getting with him, they couldn't tell what decisions were going to be minute to minute whether it was fouls/throw ins/bookings/corners. He had an absolute shocker and it wasn't just the fans seeing it.

40 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^obviously needs some pearls to clutch because that could only ever happen in Bo'ness rather than somewhere as refined and cultured as Blackburn.

Haud oan a minute, having been to Blackburn a few times over the years that seems like a bit of a stretch, and if B teams in the LL are something to be bitterly opposed why be at this game in the first place?

^^^^^ Ah good to see I'm still in yer heid, awe the time, every day ya muppet 😂

Edited by Burnieman

38 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I'm trying to remember the last time I was at a game Bo'ness or otherwise someone near me didn't call the ref a cheating c**t.

Not to go over old ground but what was especially telling about that referee was how exasperated players on both sides were getting with him, they couldn't tell what decisions were going to be minute to minute whether it was fouls/throw ins/bookings/corners. He had an absolute shocker and it wasn't just the fans seeing it.

When you're a fan of one of the teams you do see things differently than say a neutral, been there plenty times.  I really didn't see too much wrong with the referee's performance apart from being a bit card happy and over officious, wouldn't surprise me if he was being watched by a supervisor. When you're invested in the game and it's your team, the constant bawling and shouting adds to the sense he's out to get you.

Even the two aulder Bo'ness guys standing next to me thought the reaction to every decision was a bit OTT. The game did turn a bit niggly with stupid fouls from both sides.

Anyway a decent way to spend an afternoon despite the weather, all that was missing was a muddy pitch.

Edited by Burnieman

For the first penalty awarded, from where I was standing the tackle was fair, the ball was played, sending it towards the sideline. The Hearts player then tripped over the player after the ball was away. I think it was in the box. I could see how a penalty was awarded though. Couldn’t see second penalty, no reaction from anyone because the ref was having such a nightmare. Gemmell’s second yellow was, from where I was standing 20 yards away, the wrong decision. It was Gemmell who was fouled. To me, admittedly wearing blue tinted glasses, there was absolutely no consistently in the ref’s decisions. There were several occasions when similar fouls/tackles were either over reacted to by the ref, or completely ignored. I don’t think he was a cheat, I just thought he was inept. Possibility he realised he had not got a handle on the game and overcompensated; I really don’t know. However, it is what it is. A very enjoyable game, especially in the second half if you’re a Bo’ness fan, and a really surprising result based on the first half. Well done to the Bo’ness players, and based on the turn around at half time we’ll done to Stuart in the dressing room. But for a soft penalty, and a goal keeping error, which Musa more than made up for with some superb saves, who knows what the score would have been. Can’t decide if the ref spoiled or made the match, but would prefer not to see him again.

The good thing this season is that we have been involved in some really good games which we have won , lost and now drawn .

OK we’ve had a couple of howlers but I will pass by on those ones .

Gala , Tranent , Albion Rovers , Darvel , Broomhill and now Hearts all a really good watch .

Hopefully this keeps going and full credit to the players and coaches .

So much better than under Max .

On 08/10/2023 at 10:55, Nicholas Rage said:

Happened to get a freebie for St Mirren on Sunday.

12 minutes it took to hear that shouted at the ref. Lots of cheat, cheat, cheat chanting too despite VAR being there to keep it above board. Lovely stuff imo.

On 14/10/2023 at 14:06, Deanburn Dave said:

Saturday at 3pm is usually Fitbaw time but our next 3 fixtures are:-

Tuesday 17/10 BU v Celtic B @745

Sunday !! 22/10 Stirling Uni v BU @ 3

Saturday 28/10 @2pm Scottish Cup at Luncarty.

I was planning to go along to the game tonight. Its pretty foggy in Falkirk and showing no signs of lifting, will the game be in any doubt tonight?