Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Good solid team performance by the BU's. Our back 4 in particular were star performers.  Hawkeye at right back was really tested by the young attackers. He couldn't quite match them for pace but he used his experience and found ways to neutralise the threat.   Up front Stenhouse and Malcolm worked hard to annoy their defenders.   

Red card for a frustrated Celtic player was a joy to watch.

Mon the victorious BU's.

A real well earned 3 points. I think going back to back against young, energetic, fast B Teams would’ve been a concern but both performances have been determined and gritty. 

Should’ve won by more but the defending was great, Travis looks a superb signing and hasn’t fully settled in yet. Ivring has came on to a solid game and Malcolm worked real hard up against the big CH, would’ve been interesting to see him up against Dalziel however. Mooney was a handful too when he came on.

Hope the Porteous injury isn’t serious and nice to see Hamilton warming up before the game too.

Onto the next one.

Players certainly put a shift in last night against a very nippy side and got a deserved 3 points.  Back four withe addition of Travis looked solid and the front two of Malcom and Stenhouse certainly put themselves about in particular Finns battles with their CH. Great goal from Tommo was the icing on the cake. 
Squad looking none too shabby under Big Hunts management.

Edited by boheesian

Thought BU deserved the win last night. Celtic had the majority of the possession without ever looking like scoring. I don't recall the BU keeper having a save of note other than tipping a cross over the bar. 

Well taken goal by the BU player (Grant?) though the ball clearly moved in the air to deceive the keeper. Should have been 2-0 later in the second half only for the BU player to hit the keeper when it seemed easier to score. 

Couldn't see what went on in the commotion that led to the red card for the Celtic player but I can only assume he's lifted his hands? 

Thought the BU fullbacks struggled against the pace of the Celtic wide players though the centre halves were outstanding clearing everything that got into the box. My MoM would be the BU number 5, he strolled the full game

Edited by FK1Bairn

Missed last nights match but delighted to hear Travis had a good game after a tricky first 45 against Hearts kiddies. Also brilliant that Hunter has been able to get us back on track after the sticky few games, he's got off to a cracking start when it's all said and done.