Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Didn't appear to go down well when I pointed it out last week but some of them do still need to get their head around the fact that they are now a LL club. One thing there isn't is a stock car track so one thing they will be able to do is get a decent view of the action.

Keep trying with the shit stirring.

Older/less able folk enquiring about seating, and asking if you can pay by card in 2023 really reeks of entitlement of course.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

"Are there seated area", "Can you pay by card" .....WTF !!

You'll be wanting lemon scented heated hand towels in the lavatories next.

Just get your erses to Newtown Park, accept it for what it is and enjoy the game.

Both were reasonable questions to ask.

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Older/less able folk enquiring about seating, and asking if you can pay by card in 2023 really reeks of entitlement of course.

Both are reasonable questions to ask and thankfully a BU fan gave you an answer, don't know why it bothers a "Hamilton Accies" fan!

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thing is Cowdenbeath have already played at this ground including a Scottish Cup game about a decade ago as well as the league game last season so are we really supposed to believe you don't know? This sort of info also tends to be readily available via google so that's why asking it here can come across as a snide windup.

Bo'ness United didn't receive decades of pools money and SPFL and SFA handouts like Cowdenbeath did or undeserved entry into the League Cup this season, so Newtown Park is what it is just like Hill of Beath, Lochgelly Albert or Dundonald Bluebell's grounds are what they are, i.e. homely rather than all mod cons. 

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Thing is Cowdenbeath have already played at this ground including a Scottish Cup game about a decade ago as well as the league game last season so are we really supposed to believe you don't know? This sort of info also tends to be readily available via google so that's why asking it here can come across as a snide windup.

Bo'ness United didn't receive decades of pools money and SPFL and SFA handouts like Cowdenbeath did or undeserved entry into the League Cup this season, so Newtown Park is what it is just like Hill of Beath, Lochgelly Albert or Dundonald Bluebell's grounds are what they are, i.e. homely rather than all mod cons. 

I don't think the two people who posed the questions were on the wind up I think they just didn't know to be fair BU have on their twitter this morning that it is cash only.

27 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I didn’t ask about the seating, in fact I answered the question as I was at the bollock freezing midweek game last season.

Did you perhaps stop and think that the person who asked about the seats didn’t go last season?

As for the card reader, I go to a lot of games and can’t honestly remember how I paid at Bo’ness almost a year ago. And it’s no big deal paying cash at all, wasn’t whining about it.

Some of the pedantry of the replies in this thread is off the fucking scale, to a couple of reasonable questions.

You could clearly do with something else to do with your time as you waste a whole fucking lot of it in here with your tedious posts.

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I didn’t ask about the seating, in fact I answered the question as I was at the bollock freezing midweek game last season.

Did you perhaps stop and think that the person who asked about the seats didn’t go last season?

As for the card reader, I go to a lot of games and can’t honestly remember how I paid at Bo’ness almost a year ago. And it’s no big deal paying cash at all, wasn’t whining about it.

Some of the pedantry of the replies in this thread is off the fucking scale, to a couple of reasonable questions.

You could clearly do with something else to do with your time as you waste a whole fucking lot of it in here with your tedious posts.

Somebody very touchy after what was just an amusing reply to question .

If you can’t stand a bit of fun , stay off the thread .

Cheer up and support your team and try to enjoy you’re visit .

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

"undeserved entry into the League Cup this season"

🥱

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

Somebody very touchy after what was just an amusing reply to question .

If you can’t stand a bit of fun , stay off the thread .

Cheer up and support your team and try to enjoy your visit .

You call them fun replies, I would call them smart arsed, but there we go.

It’s a beautiful day to watch a match, lots of Cowden fans in the ground, just waiting for a few of your fans to turn up. 

1-1 probably fair at halftime. We look leggy from the hard work in midweek.

Foster looks a bit missing at the defensive side of the game, not sure the role he's playing today really suits his skillset but the pass through to Grant was excellent. Travis has been imperious in the air, he's been a cracking addition to the squad.

Interesting to see the change in Cowdenbeath. After being quite physical when I saw them last year they're light on their feet and playing some decent stuff. Nice to see they are maintaining the ex Fife big club veteran at the back after Iain Davidson last year we've got Dougie Hill today (who's walked it to be fair).