Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Can anyone confirm who east stirlings trialist was yesterday? Heard a name just want to confirm it as its hard to believe haha

Callum Tapping.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Not the name i’ve heard but will wait to see if this name gets announced 🤣

It was Tapping. He left EK “to play closer to his young family” i’m sure it was announced by their twitter.

A falkirk boy so move makes sense. Thought the BU might’ve had a look at him.

4 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

"So called expert" ?     OUCH!!!......that's me telt !!!

Having been scolded i'm away for a gid greet.

Mon the BU's !

But will you stay telt? I doubt it.

It is a fair point. the average age of the starting 11 yesterday was below 25. We have a young squad, most of them are in their first season together. We are building for the future by extending contracts of those willing and moving on those that aren’t. We should be happy with the league performance. A cup run would be a nice bonus. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Rutherford is undoubtedly a very good player but his appearance rate has been poor.   Reminds me of Stewart Devine......

We’ve played 27: He has played in 11, unused sub 3. Used sub 1. So has missed 12. Hard lines on him but not a good investment for the club but we were warned.

Given the chaos of the summer, I'm delighted with the work Hunter and co have done. The squad being on the younger side is great and I'm confident in their ability with a full summer of planning to upgrade where they need to, rather than the supermarket sweep when they came in.

4 hours ago, boheesian said:

Know Stenhouse was injured but what if any news on Rutherford & Mooney. Good to get updates on players.

Good confidence booster for Finn Malcom with his double.

Mooney away to Tynecastle on loan. Thought he looked like he had something about him in his fleeting performances, and that's one of many reasons why I'm not a football manager.

I am glad to see some of the fans think hunts and Michel are thinking about next season some player will go and some will come in but we must be let them get on with it come on bu

This season has seen a far lower turnover of players and less 'duds' signed than under previous managers. The smart business of getting extensions sorted early is good to see as well. Hunts and Michael have done an incredible job considering the position they came to the job from . Based on the chaos in the summer my start of season expectation was anywehre from 8th to 12th and theyve certainly blown away that prediction. The fact that in January I'm still keeping an eye on EKs results tells the whole story!

On 06/01/2024 at 19:06, Deanburn Dave said:

Agree with Nicholas Rage that Musa was lucky to stay on the park.   If Musa makes an effort to play the ball and fouls the player in the process then its a penalty and a yellow.   But Musa fecked  up and decided to haul the player back to stop the clear GSO......zero attempt by Musa to play the ball. 

That's a straight red.

Musa was a very lucky boy.

Funny that - I was watching from behind that goal. When I suggested that it had to be a red card I was told by a BU supporter that it wasn't even a foul. 

2 hours ago, GoodyWoody said:

Funny that - I was watching from behind that goal. When I suggested that it had to be a red card I was told by a BU supporter that it wasn't even a foul. 

It was definately a foul. Probably should have been a red card only reason I could see why it wasn't was that McArthur and another i think ended up on the line.

Ive seen Shire a few times this season and just can't seem to keep it together for 90 mins. Decent enough going forward in the games I;ve saw. Pyper is the strongest player at the back he went off against Cowden and struggled after that.

Russell McLean a.k.a Trialist has signed with Forfar.

Was a nice to have for the short duration. We would’ve been very fortunate if he chose to sign with us over a SPFL team 

Edited by BonessBWAH_

8 minutes ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Russell McLean a.k.a Trialist has signed with Forfar.

Was a nice to have for the short duration. We would’ve been very fortunate if he chose to sign with us over a SPFL team 

He came, he saw, he wound up the Mordor mob. Credit.