Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

33 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Thought we were good in the 1st half and should’ve went in leading but 2 nd half Cumbernauld were better and deserved there victory 

Yeah though we were poor second half and resorted to just lumping long balls. We hardly strung 2 passes together second half. 

Said it a few months ago and I stand by it, Cumbernauld the best side I've seen this season. Organised and streetwise with dangerous forwards. If the team at the top weren't throwing cash willy nilly at it I think they'd be champions.

Today I felt a game of two half's with us edging the first while the Colts impressed in the second. Kieran really had to score his one on one, could have made the difference.

Great to see Musa back in goal.

It was not a game for the fant ❤ bu had a good first half a big pitch cbc used it to there advantage in the second half not a bad performance from bu it is not the end of the world we are still in with a shout keep the hope we will return in hunts we trust

Just a thought but I just don’t think we’re far away from making a decent go at the lowland league if we even just got a little extra support from even Bakkavor. Over a thousand people working there but do they actually put anything back into the town. I look at Bonnyrigg and Kelly. They should be the benchmark for the likes of us and Linlithgow. In no way am I criticising our committee as we do well with the community chest etc. 

Getting rid of East Kilbride through the Club 42 playoff would help make next season wide open on the league title. Suspect it's impossible because of what's unfolded over the last few years and if so this definitely isn't a criticism but having some sort of "merger" with Bo'ness Athletic would be another obvious next step if the goal is to get into the SPFL and stay there.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Getting rid of East Kilbride through the Club 42 playoff would help make next season wide open on the league title. Suspect it's impossible because of what's unfolded over the last few years and if so this definitely isn't a criticism but having some sort of "merger" with Bo'ness Athletic would be another obvious next step if the goal is to get into the SPFL and stay there.

A merger makes perfect sense.

At the moment it looks like one club with drive and ambition and then you have United stuck in the 80's.

Edited by Auld Heid

37 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A merger makes perfect sense.

At the moment it looks like one club with drive and ambition and then you have United stuck in the 80's.

I don't often post these days but for you I'll make an exception.  You are a shit-stirring ****, with the brain of a pea.

You are very welcome!

Happy Monday all! Here's the one you've all been waiting for, the Today Wheelenterview *World Exclusive* with the great Stuart Hunter. He's a complete credit to your club and a superb reflection of the success on the pitch so far this season.

We had great fun, especially answering your very own questions, and if you like what you hear I'd appreciate any support with the show. From a non-Bo'ness point of view we're headed in the right direction with a few exciting chats coming up.

I'd love as much of the Bo'ness faithful, and maybe some hopefully converts, to hear from the absolute gentleman Stuart is. If he hasn't charmed you enough yet, he certainly will have after you're finished listening. I'll share the link here, or search "Today Wheelenterview" on Spotify. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Just now, charliewheelen said:

Happy Monday all! Here's the one you've all been waiting for, the Today Wheelenterview *World Exclusive* with the great Stuart Hunter. He's a complete credit to your club and a superb reflection of the success on the pitch so far this season.

We had great fun, especially answering your very own questions, and if you like what you hear I'd appreciate any support with the show. From a non-Bo'ness point of view we're headed in the right direction with a few exciting chats coming up.

I'd love as much of the Bo'ness faithful, and maybe some hopefully converts, to hear from the absolute gentleman Stuart is. If he hasn't charmed you enough yet, he certainly will have after you're finished listening. I'll share the link here, or search "Today Wheelenterview" on Spotify. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6xKmzTfFdDpJKYMenikunD?si=xqKCbFj_T--cTcBFoO8-9A

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I don't often post these days but for you I'll make an exception.  You are a shit-stirring ****, with the brain of a pea.

You are very welcome!

Please don’t give him the oxygen of publicity, personally I wouldn’t give him the oxygen of oxygen. Just don’t read his posts. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Red dot for that? WTF is wrong with some people on here.

A red dot for possibly the daftest suggestion you've made and there have been several to pick from.  The 'parasites' are not welcome.

26 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

A red dot for possibly the daftest suggestion you've made and there have been several to pick from.  The 'parasites' are not welcome.

f**k off and learn some basic social skills. The idea that there needs to be one rather than two Bo'ness clubs for there to be the maximum chance of further progression is nothing more than basic common sense.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

f**k off and learn some basic social skills. The idea that there needs to be one rather than two Bo'ness clubs for there to be the maximum chance of further progression is nothing more than basic common sense.

Yes and one merged Fife team in the SPFL and Dundee and Dundee United merged plus a Lanarkshire United in the SPFL.  That’s your basic argument 

Bo'ness Athletic have been around for about 5 years ago and were initially supposed to be part of Bo'ness United but reneged on an MoU that was signed. There is no parallel with the other scenarios you are mentioning and to suggest there is would frankly be absurd. I can understand why there are still raw feelings about what unfolded but having two Bo'ness clubs isn't going to do Bo'ness United any favours long term so pointing out that a solution needs to be found on that should be fair game on here.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I think the issue is that the other team are nothing more than an ego trip for a couple of individuals who have zero interest in doing anything to benefit the community club as a whole and have lied from day dot. Who’d want to get into bed with that and take a risk that we’ve seen sink ships all too many times when the money man/men get bored of their latest toy or their wealth isn’t enough to sustain it or achieve the dreams conjured up by their egos? Where are Bathgate and Hurlford now? Are Kelty even still flying high?

True progression requires sustainability, not a flash-in-the-pan approach. As much as I hate to say it, I look at that lot over the flints where the local community and sponsorships are the backbone of a long established successful club, albeit they’ve had a quiet few years.

Edited by 8MileBU

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I agree that there are no easy answers on how to handle this and certainly would not suggest handing control of the club over to people like that lock, stock and barrel.

This is it. There are no easy answers or a quick fix. I’m not even against the idea of a merger if the right people and a sound business model were in place, however at present this is absolutely not the case. I should also add that the only reason I’d support a merger is because I firmly believe Bo’ness just isn’t a big enough town to have two teams jostling over the same fan base, especially when the town already sees thousands leave every weekend to watch the old firm, the Edinburgh two, Falkirk and probably the odd other “big” team here and there.

Edited by 8MileBU