Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

33 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Bo'ness had a fair few supporters through tonight. 

I really enjoyed the game. We did have the game wrapped up in the first half.

I think the bo'ness players started to get frustrated in the second half and it showed with some of the tackles they were putting in.

Bo'ness keeper was outstanding tonight.  Maybe we should sign him 😉

What's up with the Motherwell third choice you already have.

30 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Not in that away end they didn't.

There was about 12 people in there.

I didn't know there was an away end !!      I was between the roped off executive seats and the drum banging ultras.    Lots of BU fans in that area.

54 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

What's up with the Motherwell third choice you already have.

Absolutely nothing,  Matty has come on leaps and bounds, much better and more comfortable playing out from the back now.

Like any young player he makes the odd mistake or poor  decision. The other players have learned to trust him and vice versa. Losing Chris Truesdale to long term injury was an enormous blow, he was fundamental to the way we played early in the season. 

Total credit to Matty,  the players and staff, special mention Zander, goalie coach, this has turned out a win/ win all round, Motherwell included. 

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I didn't know there was an away end !!      I was between the roped off executive seats and the drum banging ultras.    Lots of BU fans in that area.

Stop being silly, there wasn't lot's, there was a couple of car loads.

36 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Stop being silly, there wasn't lot's, there was a couple of car loads.

Far be it for me to defend Boness but they always have a decent support - especially compared with other teams in this league. They will have had a lot more than 2 car loads thats for sure.

When the Rose were at EK we were not allowed in the "away end" this was for officials only.

4 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Far be it for me to defend Boness but they always have a decent support - especially compared with other teams in this league. They will have had a lot more than 2 car loads thats for sure.

When the Rose were at EK we were not allowed in the "away end" this was for officials only.

You admit you weren't there so stop being silly.

A couple of BU fans had a pop at Ryan Stevenson for his performance last night.  I thought he had a good game considering he frequently was facing a 1 v 2 or 2 v 3 situation.  This was because Kieran Mitchell for large parts of the game ignored his defensive responsibilities. 

Daramola is really rapid and I don't think there's a fullback at this level who can match him in a foot race.  The way to reduce his influence is to stop the midfielders playing the pass.  Against EK that is hard as they have quality in midfield.

Sure Big Hunter will set up differently in the LL game in a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A couple of BU fans had a pop at Ryan Stevenson for his performance last night.  I thought he had a good game considering he frequently was facing a 1 v 2 or 2 v 3 situation.  This was because Kieran Mitchell for large parts of the game ignored his defensive responsibilities. 

Daramola is really rapid and I don't think there's a fullback at this level who can match him in a foot race.  The way to reduce his influence is to stop the midfielders playing the pass.  Against EK that is hard as they have quality in midfield.

Sure Big Hunter will set up differently in the LL game in a few weeks.

Daramola learned his trade at athletic 👍

4 minutes ago, Yodanumber1 said:

Daramola learned his trade at athletic 👍

Alternatively, he jumped from league two to the very bottom division, scored a pile of goals, jumped back up to league 1, got found out and has now reached the level he probably should have been all along?

A good day for a home game hopefully the player are fully fit we could do with 3points just to keep our run going top 5 is not bad hopefully can stay in the top 3 a hard run in hunts will be on the ball