Dundee United 23/24

Levitt was always going to leave this summer no matter what. Given that, I  can't say I'm too bothered by him moving on. I'm far more bothered by the goalkeeping situation. I'd assumed that Birighitti had played his last with us, but as the Spartans game gets nearer I'm beginning to doubt that.

Think the booing of him would be merciless (and rightly so) should he be between the sticks that day

51 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Levitt was always going to leave this summer no matter what. Given that, I  can't say I'm too bothered by him moving on. I'm far more bothered by the goalkeeping situation. I'd assumed that Birighitti had played his last with us, but as the Spartans game gets nearer I'm beginning to doubt that.

Think the booing of him would be merciless (and rightly so) should he be between the sticks that day

There’s a good chance of a ‘Just Stop Oil Birighitti’ protest at the Spartans game.

Doubt if Birighitti could stop it…

2 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

A signing never worked out and we essentially got back what we paid for him. Not sure why that is so titillating.

Tbf, if another club had made a signing like Levitt with so much hope and optimism, only for it to turn out as it has for us, then I'd be having a good chuckle at their expense too. Gleeful mockery at the failure and misery of others is an integral part of Scottish Football bantz.

Also, I highly doubt what Hibs have paid was close to what we gave Man Utd for him. Never mind the likely cut the latter will be due for a sell-on fee.

Edited by captainkev

Classic treacherous United supporter response there. Essentially taking the Dee's side. 

We paid 300k and Scotsman reported today Hibs paid us 300k. Man U's cut pretty much covered by the cash we got for him going to the world cup. 

He was worth a punt and it never worked out. We probably lost a few quid. 

Fwiw I don't think he's a massive loss. When he wasn't injured last season he was totally anonymous. 

5 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

Classic treacherous United supporter response there. Essentially taking the Dee's side. 

We paid 300k and Scotsman reported today Hibs paid us 300k. Man U's cut pretty much covered by the cash we got for him going to the world cup. 

Fwiw I don't think he's a massive loss. When he wasn't injured last season he was totally anonymous. 

What are you on about? Rival teams have a dig at each other when something goes wrong. Hardly earth-shattering stuff for Utd fan to understand why some Dee's find it funny...acting as if he is some sort of traitor...

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

What are you on about? Rival teams have a dig at each other when something goes wrong. Hardly earth-shattering stuff for Utd fan to understand why some Dee's find it funny...acting as if he is some sort of traitor...

I would never laugh at Dundee fans.  They suffer enough without my mockery.

13 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

Blimey, treacherous? You weren't messing around in putting fundamentalist as part of your username, eh?

For what little it's worth, I don't disagree with the part of your post in bold.

Edited by captainkev

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would never laugh at Dundee fans.  They suffer enough without my mockery.

Is it not more to do with not laughing too soon as United have never been far away from their own chaos in recent history?

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

You can afford yourself a wee laugh at our expense, enjoy yourself down there. 

It would be too cruel, I am not a cruel person.

As Frankie Howard used to say, don’t mock the afflicted.

So much salty tears on this thread it's like bathing in the dead sea. IMO. Just witnessed Goodwin whining and whinging on stv news, 'nobody will sign because we're in the championship'. 

Nice one Jim, get the excuses in early.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Why the f**k Dundee fans are bothering to read this forum, never mind post on it is beyond me.

That’s just the way P&B appears to work. When Dundee are in the lower league United fans post on the Dundee thread.  When you are in the lower league Dundee fans post on the United thread. 

It probably just seems like we are on your thread a lot due to the fact that come this season you will have been in the lower league for 5 out of the last 10 seasons.

Thank you.