Dundee United 23/24

2 minutes ago, low-life said:

Yer getting a bit obsessed about the stream. Do you pay for it out of interest?

Yes I subscribe, if I was getting a free stream I’d have no cause to complain.  My main beef is the fact that this season is definitely poorer than the previous two.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes I subscribe, if I was getting a free stream I’d have no cause to complain.  My main beef is the fact that this season is definitely poorer than the previous two.

Ah didnt realise you could still watch live games through DUTV in Scotland. For some reason thought that stopped after Covid. 

6 minutes ago, low-life said:

Ah didnt realise you could still watch live games through DUTV in Scotland. For some reason thought that stopped after Covid. 

I live abroad.

Edited by Granny Danger

We would do very well to splurge the cash we can't really afford on Walton. I mean he's not at the level for English Prem and I don't think Luton would be quick to play him in the championship either.

Cheeky 500k offer with a lumpy sell on? I dunno doubtful we could sign him permanently but he seems to be very settled here and is reliable and decent.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

We would do very well to splurge the cash we can't really afford on Walton. I mean he's not at the level for English Prem and I don't think Luton would be quick to play him in the championship either.

Cheeky 500k offer with a lumpy sell on? I dunno doubtful we could sign him permanently but he seems to be very settled here and is reliable and decent.

Luton signed 2 keepers in the summer so I don’t think Walton has much of a future there, not sure how long he is under contract but if we get up and his wage demands are within our budget then we should definitely be making an effort to keep him. Was your cheeky offer meant to be 50k? There’s f**k all cheeky about 500k, which would be an unrealistic bid imo

14 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Luton signed 2 keepers in the summer so I don’t think Walton has much of a future there, not sure how long he is under contract but if we get up and his wage demands are within our budget then we should definitely be making an effort to keep him. Was your cheeky offer meant to be 50k? There’s f**k all cheeky about 500k, which would be an unrealistic bid imo

I'd like to sound ITK and say 'I'd heard' but it's a simple 'I've read': he's out of contract at the end of this season. There's no way we're paying any transfer fee for a keeper, I've heard.

53 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'd like to sound ITK and say 'I'd heard' but it's a simple 'I've read': he's out of contract at the end of this season. There's no way we're paying any transfer fee for a keeper, I've heard.

Just seen he's out of contract aswell apparently. Decent signing on fee and wages then and hopefully get him wrapped up.

Worst he could do is spend a season with us in the prem (assuming all goes well the rest of the season).

Is he out of  contract next summer? They paid a fee to sign him in January this year when they already had an established first choice keeper. He must surely have been considered one for the future but then why give him only an 18 month contract, and then loan him out for 12 months of that? I ken the English clubs can be profligate but that's a very odd way to do business.

59 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Good crowd on a cold Tuesday night,  around the 900 mark,  fantastic turn out and a decent side on the park to be fair,   how did you guys find the stadium, parking catering etc

I turned 40 this year and to celebrate middle age paid for stadium parking for the first time in my life.

I hope the guy doesn't get sacked but he let me in for free because I had no cash on the promise I bought an extra pie which I did and it was excellent.

Not allowing people to sit in back two rows in case it interferes with the folk in the boxes is daft and felt sorry for the poor min wage steward having to police it.

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I turned 40 this year and to celebrate middle age paid for stadium parking for the first time in my life.

I hope the guy doesn't get sacked but he let me in for free because I had no cash on the promise I bought an extra pie which I did and it was excellent.

Not allowing people to sit in back two rows in case it interferes with the folk in the boxes is daft and felt sorry for the poor min wage steward having to police it.

Tell the truth, he didn’t have change of a £500 note.

Anyway, pleased to see you’re living the high life as middle age takes hold.

55 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

40 seems very young to be considered middle aged. I've got another decade, I reckon, before I turn middle aged. That's predicated on living to 120 though, tbf.

You might live long enough to see Dundee FC lift the Scottish Cup!

Then again…