Dundee United 23/24

23 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Does anyone know if Sibbald is still suspended for the Dunfermline game or was it just a 1 game ban he got?

Should just have been the 1 game ban as was for two bookings 

18 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Should just have been the 1 game ban as was for two bookings 

That's what I thought but have seen people say it's a 2 game ban due to the amount of bookings he's had 

16 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

That's what I thought but have seen people say it's a 2 game ban due to the amount of bookings he's had 

Don’t think so.  Sure it’s 6 yellows before you’re suspended and even counting the Morton game as two yellows only puts him on four for the season according to a quick Google search.

On 14/01/2024 at 08:01, Loemba90 said:

Don’t think so.  Sure it’s 6 yellows before you’re suspended and even counting the Morton game as two yellows only puts him on four for the season according to a quick Google search.

It was 6 yellows until the 18th game is completed, then it moves to 12 yellows within 36.

51 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

So according to Goodwin, one more coming in before end of January, wonder if it will be a defender or defensive midfielder 🤔

How about someone who can play both!

Heard Denham is 99% away so guessing it’s going to be a CB. Agree someone who could play CDM/CB would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

Heard Denham is 99% away so guessing it’s going to be a CB. Agree someone who could play CDM/CB would be ideal. 

Makes absolute sense for Denham to leave. The current situation is no good for the player, or for either us or Cardiff

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Makes absolute sense for Denham to leave. The current situation is no good for the player, or for either us or Cardiff

Suggestion elsewhere, which I think must be right, that there's no break clause on United's side and we're committed  to paying all/most of his wages whilst on loan. No point in Cardiff agreeing to his return until/unless they have another club willing to take him on.

Feel quite bad for the guy. He was absolutely ragdolled by Graham in that Partick game and didn't look too clever against Spartans but he's clearly a decent player, technically, and you would think could do a job somewhere, for someone, rather than wasting his time sitting on his arse for the last seven months. 

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Suggestion elsewhere, which I think must be right, that there's no break clause on United's side and we're committed  to paying all/most of his wages whilst on loan. No point in Cardiff agreeing to his return until/unless they have another club willing to take him on.

OK, I wasn't aware of that. I assume, and hope, that someone down south would take him on for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

OK, I wasn't aware of that. I assume, and hope, that someone down south would take him on for the rest of the season.

I think it's mostly speculation, tbf, but it would make sense. I can't see any other reason why he wasn't put on the first plane back to Cardiff on 1st January.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Feel quite bad for the guy. He was absolutely ragdolled by Graham in that Partick game and didn't look too clever against Spartans but he's clearly a decent player, technically, and you would think could do a job somewhere, for someone, rather than wasting his time sitting on his arse for the last seven months. 

I don’t know why, as that game went on, Holt wasn’t put on Graham..

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Denham is 100% away back to Cardiff 

Just now, WhatDayIsIt said:

Signing incoming, or are we not that close yet?

Nothing imminent I don’t think. Players off for 3 days so maybe club will be working on an incoming for when players return. Either that or it will be a last minute loan signing on the last day of the window 🤣

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

Nothing imminent I don’t think. Players off for 3 days so maybe club will be working on an incoming for when players return. Either that or it will be a last minute loan signing on the last day of the window 🤣

I'd take Anyia back for this league