Dundee United 23/24

23 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Don’t forget Brechin or Berwick 😜

That might be closer to the truth sadly…

Spoiler

Although one of the guys who invests in Brechin sold a software company for circa £100mill (apparently), is a United fan, and was previously linked with taking us over. So you never know. 

Second time in a week I have come out of a united match reasonably pleased. Opposition obviously rank but I liked what we did. 

Only grumble is a 4-0 skoosh should be a free hit for Middleton and he still does nothing 

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Second time in a week I have come out of a united match reasonably pleased. Opposition obviously rank but I liked what we did. 

Only grumble is a 4-0 skoosh should be a free hit for Middleton and he still does nothing 

No he does do something, shouted at McMann to run one way onto a ball then sent it the other way 😬

I used to live in West London and have a Brentford season ticket. If the Benham rumours are true, it would be a very exciting time to be a United fan. He literally saved Brentford from obscurity and transformed them into a Premier League club without spending ridiculous sums of money and making them a steady profit in player transfers. The chat within Brentford circles just now is that he is looking for some major investment to push the club on now rather than give up his entire stake, still uncertain if he'd look to give up his controlling stake in the club or not with the new investment. Obviously outside of Brentford, he's proved himself as a very capable owner of a football club with Midtjylland as well.

On the Brighton owner also being interested, him and Benham apparently have a bit of a rivalry going back a number of years so it could be a case of looking to one-up each other.

On 06/03/2024 at 13:28, Accent-Unknown said:

Winning one big game does not mean that no. 

there's plenty of evidence to show that he can't win big games where there's a lot of pressure on him.

Just so I know. Was today a big game?

4 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

No he does do something, shouted at McMann to run one way onto a ball then sent it the other way 😬

I was sat right next to that, he kept shouting at him to run and McMann wouldn't, then he gave up and passed it to him, at which point McMann ran.

46 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Just so I know. Was today a big game?

Think they all look like big games now. Goodwin is doing ok, but you wouldn't think so listening to some supporters during the match today. Watt, not my favourite player by any means, was also getting a slagging from some impatient patrons.

6 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

I was sat right next to that, he kept shouting at him to run and McMann wouldn't, then he gave up and passed it to him, at which point McMann ran.

That's the way I saw it, and Middleton also looked to be making a lot more effort, checking back and trying to get involved, but his final ball was found wanting too often. Churlish to criticise him though, in my view.

1 hour ago, RB-Scotland said:

You weren't far away from me then 🤣

I only caught the end of it, you would think they would have built up an understanding by the this point.

If Docherty stays fit we win this league, such a difference when he plays, a proper captain and always trying to organise the team as well as being very good at taking the ball off of the defenders to start attacking moves. Sibbald (MOM yesterday for me) is also a far better player when playing with Docherty as he has more freedom to get around the pitch getting stuck in knowing that Docherty is holding his position behind him. 

2 hours ago, skinny arab said:

If Docherty stays fit we win this league, such a difference when he plays, a proper captain and always trying to organise the team as well as being very good at taking the ball off of the defenders to start attacking moves. Sibbald (MOM yesterday for me) is also a far better player when playing with Docherty as he has more freedom to get around the pitch getting stuck in knowing that Docherty is holding his position behind him. 

Yeah, spot on. Presumably only injuries have stopped him from having a career as an established top flight player. He's a decent technical player but nothing special, imo.  The calmness and the ability to organise are what make him stand out.

17 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Anyone heard anything regarding a sponsorship deal for renaming Tannadice? @Fife Arab any info?

Heard it mentioned about a month ago and was on Dode Fox episode today, dunno any details though

11 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Anyone heard anything regarding a sponsorship deal for renaming Tannadice? @Fife Arab any info?

This was mentioned a while ago and got thrown out straight away. But yes there is interested parties willing to do a deal, absolutely no idea who and if it’s something owners will think it’s best for the club….

Bit of confusion last week regarding possible Brighton owner interested in buying United. 

Turns out this is true. Meeting took place last week. Two confirmed meetings with Brighton and Brentford now. Interesting.