Dundee United 23/24

Can't quite be magnanimous enough to wish him good luck at the farmers, but will be interesting at least.

I half-thought when he turned us down it was because he really couldn't be arsed anymore, but nope, he just didn't like the setup.

Just now, ArabFC said:

Can't quite be magnanimous enough to wish him good luck at the farmers, but will be interesting at least.

I half-thought when he turned us down it was because he really couldn't be arsed anymore, but nope, he just didn't like the setup.

It was the length of contract apparently, wanted a longer deal than the end of the season one offered. 

On 24/10/2023 at 09:21, arab_joe said:

By my reckoning, across the UK we are joined only by Celtic, Falkirk, Hamilton, Tottenham, Arsenal, Portsmouth and (somewhat randomly as they sit 6th in League Two after 13 games) Mansfield at being unbeaten in our respective leagues.  Would be nice to keep it going for another few weeks.

Now just us, Celtic, Falkirk, Portsmouth and Mansfield. 

On 01/11/2023 at 02:50, ArabianKnight said:

We would do very well to splurge the cash we can't really afford on Walton. I mean he's not at the level for English Prem and I don't think Luton would be quick to play him in the championship either.

Cheeky 500k offer with a lumpy sell on? I dunno doubtful we could sign him permanently but he seems to be very settled here and is reliable and decent.

Any goalkeeper (or just normal person, really) was going to be an improvement on Mark Birighitti - but I have to agree, Walton has been very solid when called upon and would be an excellent acquisition longer-term.  From reading between the lines of all recent statements from the Ogrens, however, I suspect we can't afford £500 never mind £500,000.

On 01/11/2023 at 02:57, skinny arab said:

Luton signed 2 keepers in the summer so I don’t think Walton has much of a future there...

Just had a look and their first second choice keeper is Tim Krul, so can't see him even getting a back-up gig with Luton for the forseeable.

On 01/11/2023 at 11:46, Pull My Strings said:

Is he out of  contract next summer? 

According to Transfermkt, yes.

20 hours ago, Steven W said:

Will be interesting to see how Levein gets on St. Johnstone.

If he can replicate the recruitment he had with us, St. Johnstone are absolutely laughing - just had a look there, and without any budget at all in his couple of seasons with us he managed to bring in 5 of our top 50 most capped platers ever: Morgaro Gomis (40th), Sean Dillon (17th), Jon Daly (45th), Willo Flood (35th) and Paul Dixon (37th).  Considering he only signed about 25 guys on permanent deals, that is frighteningly high success rate.

18 hours ago, ArabFC said:

He was pretty obvious with his comments about Tony Asghar (or, at least, the whole setup at United at the time) whenever the topic came up on the BBC, so not surprising that he wasn't keen on getting involved. 

Good luck Sir Craig.

On 23/06/2023 at 19:37, Mark Connolly said:

SOUND THE STATEMENT KLAXON!!!

We're building a stand for spectators at Gussie

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7889/JOINT-STATEMENT-WITH-THE-DUNDEE-UNITED-SUPPORTERS-FOUNDATION.html

And a fine stand it is too.

Build some lavvies for the punters plus some catering and any Junior team would be proud of it.

On 14/10/2023 at 23:38, foxinperu said:

It’s was so much T-shirt weather, that I opted for 2 T-shirts….and a hoodie, jacket, hat, scarf and gloves.  Still absolutely baltic.  
Well done on surviving games at Balmoor during the depths of winter, I can’t even begin to imagine.

Thought your stadium announcer and prematch music play list were absolute class.

It was a bit tongue in cheek!

It does help that folk can move around.

Sitting for 90 minutes is a cold episode.

Hope you've thawed out!

7 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Word on the pavey is the bold Walton, Mr Gloves of Steel himself might be inclined to stay and noises about a PCA are abounding.

I don't recall reading anything about Mr Gloves of Tissue Paper leaving but I see he's no longer on the squad list. 

13 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I thought he was still here but Soccerway stats site has him without a club.

Because he doesn't have a squad number, the assumption will have been that he isn't at the club and he'll have been listed as unattached.

11 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Feel like the club would've said something if he had left. 

his move to Israel fell through and his contract expires at the end of the season so I would not be shocked if he just wants to sit on his hands until it runs out.

He’d be as well sitting on his hands…

21 hours ago, Steven W said:

Fotheringham called up for Scotland u21 duty. Won't be available v Falkirk in the Challenge Cup, which will probably open things up for Cudjoe

Well deserved..

It's great to see Kai doing well in the championship.

After seeing him last year I thought he could definitely be a success in that league. I'm delighted to see him prove me right.