Dundee United 23/24

On 03/01/2024 at 10:39, ArabianKnight said:

In the same boat with Cudjoe myself, he's scored some great goals this season and has definitely improved but I've yet to be convinced by him, not sure he's ever going to have the consistency to play at a higher level and certainly won't get there if he's refusing a new deal with us.

His agent needs his head checked if he somehow thinks, on current form, that he'll do better than us - if he moves on, I'd give it 18 months before he's playing non-league down south somewhere.

On 04/01/2024 at 17:55, Fife Arab said:

Ross County want 115,000 for Simon Murray. 

Given we didn't even have the cash available to replace Birighitti last January, there is approximately 0% chance we'll be spending 115,000 on Simon Murray.

On 05/01/2024 at 10:54, Pull My Strings said:

McLeod wasn't getting a game so he'd be as well sitting on the bench/ in the stand at Tannadice

Incredible to think, really, that Rory McLeod wasn't able to force his way into a Forfar side sat mid-table in League Two.  I know he's only 17, but that must be ringing some pretty serious alarm bells within Tannadice...

On 05/01/2024 at 11:35, Sonam said:

Murray still has his pace for sure. He would be a big loss for County. His effort, positive attitude is faultless.

No chance he'll be signing at Tannadice then - that's not our style!

On 06/01/2024 at 21:47, ArabianKnight said:

Send Tilson back to County.

He's an absolutely dreadful footballer.  A cerntral midfielder that offers absolutely nothing on the ball.

20 hours ago, Girth said:

Porky Pawlett gone!?

On the rare occasions that Pawlett was fit, he was a very good player.  I wish him well, seemed like a genuinely good guy who just didn't have the body for full-time football.

27 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Alex Greive. 

I heard that name mentioned to me as arriving on loan as well earlier.

If Weatherspoon is a done deal as I have seen a few people say I am surprised United never offered a small fee to sign him before the Friday game.

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

If Weatherspoon is a done deal as I have seen a few people say I am surprised United never offered a small fee to sign him before the Friday game.

No point if he's injured though.

Alex Grieve has scored a couple against us, but hasn't been prolific you'd have to say. As I recall, he did have a bit of pace, more than Moult or Watt (not difficult).

26 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Wotherspoon is ✅ so it looks like him and Greive.

some bad news is we might look to bring in a defender and Gallagher is sidelined for roughly 5 weeks. 

Not sure we particularly need Wotherspoon but he's a good, experienced player so wouldn't turn my nose up at him. I think we were interested in Grieve in the summer and by all accounts he's a hard working, pacy forward who scored lots of goals at a lower level but hasn't done a huge amount in the top flight. Seems to make sense.

What we really need, ahead of striker even, is a right sided centre back. I'm not against the concept of Ross Graham. He's a solid enough back-up centre half at this level but he's terribly one footed and really looks out of place on the right side. If he's back up for Holt (and possibly McMann) then fine, but it's a decent back-up for Gallagher which is really required. 

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure we particularly need Wotherspoon but he's a good, experienced player so wouldn't turn my nose up at him. I think we were interested in Grieve in the summer and by all accounts he's a hard working, pacy forward who scored lots of goals at a lower level but hasn't done a huge amount in the top flight. Seems to make sense.

What we really need, ahead of striker even, is a right sided centre back. I'm not against the concept of Ross Graham. He's a solid enough back-up centre half at this level but he's terribly one footed and really looks out of place on the right side. If he's back up for Holt (and possibly McMann) then fine, but it's a decent back-up for Gallagher which is really required. 

Reminds me when Sean Dillon was forced to play on the left side of the defence despite only having a right foot.

I'd assume that Denman goes back to Cardiff and that wage is used to bring in a replacement

It would be a bit daft of him to play for us on Friday and potentially help Raith pull away from his new employers on Saturday.

40 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It would be a bit daft of him to play for us on Friday and potentially help Raith pull away from his new employers on Saturday.

Injured regardless. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Injured regardless. 

I know, Ferguson was hopeful he would be fit but even if he was he wouldn't be playing for us. That would be mental.