O’Donnell

Middleton
Chalmers
Cudjoe
Thomson
Fotheringham
Watt
McLeod

You missed Adams off the goal keepers. He extended with Graham, Mwangi and Bisland at the end of the season 

45 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Although he's currently back in Australia for personal reasons, going by the way Goodwin was talking it seems Behich is likely to be on the move soon.

Then we will have a sizeable squad with very few outstanding players.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only sizable because it's filled with kids* who for the most part haven't been able to get a regular game before.

*Chalmers and Glass are 23 now.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

With disclaimers in abundance, I tried to piece together a possible starting XI.

It's not great...

image.png.0df89924a62963eb154b3a2e066d5444.png

Tbf that's got 1 million percent more tenacity and bite than last season. With the added bonus of no poppadom paws in goal. Cover for most positions too bar a couple 

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Ideally we should be aiming for a squad that has less remarkable individual talents, but collectively is more than the sum of it's parts.

Of course there's fine line though between achieving that or just building an average (if that) Championship squad that isn't good enough for promotion.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Decent pedigree for each of these guys, I think. The keeper appears to have just signed for Luton so presumably he's pretty well regarded to be getting a move to a Premier League team (albeit clearly not the finished article). 22 games in the Championship in the season before last.

He never got a move to a Premier League team though, did he?. He was signed as backup (with Luton 7th in the Championship) so they could send their own youth keeper the opposite way on loan and then failed to make a single appearance. Now that they are a premier league club he’s been punted at the earliest convenience. 
I appreciate any keeper is an upgrade for yous at this moment in time but come on, eh?

Edited by RawB93

34 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Ideally we should be aiming for a squad that has less remarkable individual talents, but collectively is more than the sum of it's parts.

Of course there's fine line though between achieving that or just building an average (if that) Championship squad that isn't good enough for promotion.

Regardless of what level we are playing at I’d like to see a couple of ‘difference maker’ type players.  Maybe some of the youngsters will step up to the plate and provide that.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Regardless of what level we are playing at I’d like to see a couple of ‘difference maker’ type players.  Maybe some of the youngsters will step up to the plate and provide that.

I'm hoping Cudjoe gets a run of games to see if he can be that sort of player. There were a few occasions last season were he had defenders tied in knots trying to deal with him, but his end product was severely lacking.

It may only have been a friendly, but it's encouraging to see he got on the scoresheet at the weekend.

21 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

He never got a move to a Premier League team though, did he?. He was signed as backup (with Luton 7th in the Championship) so they could send their own youth keeper the opposite way on loan and then failed to make a single appearance. Now that they are a premier league club he’s been punted at the earliest convenience. 
I appreciate any keeper is an upgrade for yous at this moment in time but come on, eh?

The lad got injured in training early after signing for Luton. Agree it's a stretch to link Luton's success to him, but we're desperate for good keeper news. 

2 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Squad at the moment:

Walton
Birighitti 
Newman

Bisland
Graham
Freeman 

Denham
McMann
Duffy
Holt
Mulgrew
Behich

Docherty
Sibbald
Grimshaw
Moore
Meekison
Mwangi
Mochrie
Glass
Niskanen
O’Donnell

Middleton
Chalmers
Cudjoe
Thomson
Fotheringham
Watt
McLeod

Big squad - assume Behich and Birighitti will be leaving. Youth players leaving on loan?