The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

If he has someone who's more comfortable on the ball next to him, he'll probably be OK and nothing more. But he's just so limited with the ball at his feet and always has an absolute howler in him. 

Bit sad to see him go as he's a good leader who will always give 100% but no real loss for us.

Kinda sorry to see McGinty go. He wasn't as bad latterly. Jack Sanders had more bomb scare moments after January than McGinty. He wasn't good with the ball playing defence system Scott Brown clearly prefers. 

Mixed views of him from the Ayr fans, but l'd take him for his leadership skills alone, something I feel we've lacked for a while.

Play him alongside Owens, who's good with the ball and can drive forward, should make a good partnership.

10 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Mixed views of him from the Ayr fans, but l'd take him for his leadership skills alone, something I feel we've lacked for a while.

Play him alongside Owens, who's good with the ball and can drive forward, should make a good

Brown questioned the lack of leadership on the park in last game of season big Sean was subbed at half time . 

Have just posted on your thread, surprised you are looking at him. Not championship level.

Edited by Accie1

26 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

Have just posted on your thread, surprised you are looking at him. Not championship level.

Agreed. Would say L2 standard. Did Accies ever tell us Redfearn and Winter were away ?. 

Nope I think they might have been classed as "still in talks". Not seen anything official since end of season update. 

They said that the loans were away and Fulton, Smith and Mumbongo also a few youth players. They said they were still in talks with players but never said which players they are. 

20 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Not impressed with any of these signings and added to the deficiencies of Rankin, we could be in for a long campaign.

Right now I would take mid-table but it looks like another relegation battle as it stands sadly.

Think that's a bit harsh I think they've been good so far however I've agreed that there hasn't been a marquee signing yet like a Connor Smith.

Albinson- was rated by Ayr fans and that they felt like he was the best keeper in the championship at a point however he had a bit of a bad patch and was never able to win his place back and needed a fresh start 

Bradley'- done well in Ireland I think he will flourish in the championship I think that will be a really good signing. 

Maguire- I've not seen much of him however he's played a decent amount of games for Motherwell in the premiership and could do well in the championship. 

McGinty-  mixed reviews however it seems like he has done well at Ayr was a bit of a disaster at Partick however has impressed in the past couple of years however it seems like Ayr are hoping to be at the top end of the table this year so they have decided to move him. Good experience to play next to Fergus and it means McGowan won't be a starter if he remains at the club I'm quite happy with it. 

I'm not expecting us to be at the top end of the table however I also think there will be teams worse than us at the moment I'm expecting us to be between 6th-8th however I still think they will be a lot of incomings and departures in the next 2 months and don't agree with the people who feel like our business is almost complete. 

24 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Not impressed with any of these signings and added to the deficiencies of Rankin, we could be in for a long campaign.

Right now I would take mid-table but it looks like another relegation battle as it stands sadly.

Wouldn't say they are dire signings either. Other than McGinty they're all at a decent age. 

As much as the league has no clear cut winner this year, I also see no obvious team than sticks out as a cert to prop up the rest. Every team IMO will go in thinking they can finish at least fourth. 

14 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

As much as the league has no clear cut winner this year, I also see no obvious team than sticks out as a cert to prop up the rest. Every team IMO will go in thinking they can finish at least fourth. 

I'm expecting Partick, Ayr and Raith to be the top 3 currently however that could change with just over 2 months left of the window. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Think your a tad harsh there my olde son. Players with experience of the championship or higher and should be able to strengthen the squad. Add a big strong centre forward and I wwoukd be good with that. Would happily settle for mid table obscurity this season.

All change at the Academy level as well with Sean Crighton leaving as well. Guessing the new guy, Gordon Young apparently, has his own ideas about his staff.

Edited by Accie1

22 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Jamie Smith joins Annan on loan think that's a good move for him would expect that means that Lyness is staying as a backup to Albinson. 

Is Smith any good? Fleming is taking a coaching role at Galabank so I'm thinking that makes Smith our number 1 this season. 

1 hour ago, JimThorburn said:

Is Smith any good? Fleming is taking a coaching role at Galabank so I'm thinking that makes Smith our number 1 this season. 

He's a decent keeper not championship level at the minute but I would say he'll be one of the better keeper in League 1 next season think it'll be a good signing for Annan.