The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

We surely need to sign a CB that has a semblance of pace as opposed to the oil tanker turning level of pace that McGowan, Kilday & McGinty have.

Unless indeed Newbury plays there or Rankin throws someone from the U-19's like Neeson straight into the 1st team!

I highly doubt that Newbury will be a starter and think it's much more likely that he'll end up going back out on loan to a L1 club. Few people in this thread seem to keep on forgetting how many players have left over the summer I think it's around 14 out and 5 in so far although not many of the players who've left were starters we are still lacking in depth and bit of quality in some positions. 

I know some of our fans said last season that felt like the squad was too big which I could sort of understand in L1 however in the championship it is really important to have good depth and a good bench which we definitely didn't have last time in the championship. Most of the games in this league have 1 goal in them the difference between having a good bench and rushing youth in who aren't quite ready yet could really can be the difference between finishing 4th and finishing 10th in this league. We also need to be prepared as things like injuries are going to happen as we've already seen with Fergus. We seen last time we were in the championship due to the lack of depth a few players know that the position in the team was secured regardless of how they played I can't see this board letting that happen and would still expect to see 5 or 6 players come in before the end of August.

Edited by Ian Mcleod

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Any idea if yous are hanging onto MacDonald? Genuinely not having a dig- just curious as I've got a few mutual friends etc. Not really someone I'd associate with now, like.

Looks as though he is staying and club supporting him. Incident must have been at the lowest end of the scale if only given 6 months community payback order.  

Edit due to missing "months" out.

Edited by Accie1

Only by a pound. Doubt if paying £15 compared to £14 would put anyone off although I think £10 and £5 would have been better.

57 minutes ago, Skondras said:

Pricing out for league cup group, early signs are accies are the most expensive.  

Don't think that's true although I don't necessary agree with these prices we seem to be charging what most teams are. Some are charging a bit more for these games for example Bonnyrigg seem to be charging £20, Annan are charging £18. Falkirk 16/17. A few are charging £15 like ourselves the lowest I've seen from anyone is £12. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

33 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Any word if you guys are holding out for a development fee for Jamie Hamilton?

He's been released by the club so I highly doubt it and it was the club who pulled out of any further talks. 

35 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Don't think that's true although I don't necessary agree with these prices we seem to be charging what most teams are. Some are charging a bit more for these games for example Bonnyrigg seem to be charging £20, Annan are charging £18. Falkirk 16/17. A few are charging £15 like ourselves the lowest I've seen from anyone is £12. 

It's still a £3 rise on the adult price from last year. Also, the OAP price should be half the adult price not 33% less.

On 12/07/2024 at 12:19, Ian Mcleod said:

I was meaning specifically in our group.  All other teams are 14.00 Adult and 10.00 Concession.  

I think the pricing was agreed across the group, so I don't understand why we are different.  

On 12/07/2024 at 11:38, Accie1 said:

Only by a pound. Doubt if paying £15 compared to £14 would put anyone off although I think £10 and £5 would have been better.

Really doesn't matter that it's *only* a pound. Still a relevant question to ask why we are the most expensive in our group.   

How many clubs still haven't announced their new home kit yet? Think some clubs have managed to get 3 kits out at this point. Surely this massively hurts club finances by giving fans less time to buy a kit/making fans less likely to buy a kit through lack of goodwill! 

2 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

How many clubs still haven't announced their new home kit yet? Think some clubs have managed to get 3 kits out at this point. Surely this massively hurts club finances by giving fans less time to buy a kit/making fans less likely to buy a kit through lack of goodwill! 

None in our division. We were assured this wouldn't happen again.

11 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

It definitely would have been good to have the kit available sooner, but they will come out eventually.

An eta or an update should have been issued to keep the fans updated though. 

I'm looking to at least buy my son one and we look forward to seeing what they look like.

The biggest issue I've had is that the club shop should be open immediately after the final whistle, as I feel they are missing so much business at the end of games I.e from those that don't get the chance to visit before the start of the game, hopefully that will change.

On 14/07/2024 at 13:06, Moysterclass said:

Late to the Oli Shaw chat but as someone who watched David Moyo attempt to play striker for us for 3 years and Matty Shiels get stuck up top in a playoff final, I'm happy with Shaw. 

So true 

10 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Well, kit is out...

And for me, it's absolutely awful. 

Genuinely think I could design a better kit than that in one afternoon.

And who is Kurt? 

https://x.com/theacciesfc/status/1813128531909456062?t=NzuZ_P1GwDdy7SPSXF5Lvg&s=19

Really disappointed with that.  It looks like the same quality as last season, and we were promised better this year.