The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

That kit is absolutely horrendous.  A decent top on an anniversary like this is a licence to print money for the club but with that shite I can’t see many people actually buying it.

Holding out hope for the away top but can’t see past that being a hideous mess aswell now.

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That kit is absolutely horrendous.  A decent top on an anniversary like this is a licence to print money for the club but with that shite I can’t see many people actually buying it.

Holding out hope for the away top but can’t see past that being a hideous mess aswell now.

All they had to do was just update the chevron design or the checks or even the mostly white one with red crayon stripes. Anything from the 1991-97 period. Literally would've been like printing money. 

17 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

All they had to do was just update the chevron design or the checks or even the mostly white one with red crayon stripes. Anything from the 1991-97 period. Literally would've been like printing money. 

You've got to be kidding. Each to their own but it had to be a traditional top, like last year's design but better, maybe back to thinner hoops. Chevrons were a one off and the 96/97 is my least favourite ever, not what an Accies top should look like, but this isn't either. Awful.

I'm going to break this into two parts as there are two distinct points i'd like to make about this kit.

Firstly, given that we are supposed to be commemorating our 150th Anniversary, the design of the home top should not have been up for debate. Anything other than clean, reasonable sized, red and white hoops should have been off the table immediately.

Onto this design itself. The club are clearly trying to tap into the retro market, and I have no issue with this. In fact I quite like it. Chevrons were never going to be the chosen route as there were plenty of those available last season, so the oscillating hoops I think is a solid choice. But why have they stopped them half way up? That kit as is is horrible, but one last white "hoop" near the top and it would be decent, add white sleeves and it would be a cracker. As it is we've got a solid lump of red that they no doubt know looks horrendous but will avoid the issues they had last year where the kits all looked different due them being poorly manufactured. 

I don't think the new kit is great and a bit disappointing considering it's the 150th year anniversary kit  however I don't think it's as bad as some people are making out think it'll look a bit better in person. 

Jeez,   red and white hoops is a simple classic combo,    this takes the biscuit,  the crazy thing is  the club have to approve it, before manufacture..

I was swirling between yourself and Morton for 10th place,  now after this ,  seaside league beckons once again..

22 minutes ago, Passionate said:

the crazy thing is  the club have to approve it, before manufacture..

Not that crazy when you consider it is a company at least in part owned by the club's owner who is making them...

Horrendous home top.

Cheap tat from the cheapest source available instead of actually going to an established kit manufacturer & getting a suitable 'classic' red & white hoops design with a nod to the past for the 150th anniversary.

Wouldn't be surprised if the away is the same awful design but in blue & green.

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not that crazy when you consider it is a company at least in part owned by the club's owner who is making them...

Can anyone find out anything about them? Googling "Kurt sports kits Turkiye" didn't yield anything. The best way to get round the inconsistent nature of the replicas we saw last season would be to have gone with a respectable brand like Joma, Macron or O'neills. But not Accies. We're a bloody weird lot.

When I was searching for a top to wear to the play-off final, I came across the 2014/15 one that was made in-house, which reminded me of us having different manufacturers for the top and shorts the following season. 

Another favourite memory regarding the strips was us "launching*" the 2017/18 home one at K Park an hour before our first competitive game of the season. 

*Struthers posting a picture of a creased top hanging up on a peg

44 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Can anyone find out anything about them? Googling "Kurt sports kits Turkiye" didn't yield anything. The best way to get round the inconsistent nature of the replicas we saw last season would be to have gone with a respectable brand like Joma, Macron or O'neills. But not Accies. We're a bloody weird lot.

I'm convinded It's a rebranding of the sportswear section of LF.

Some of the comments I've seen about the strip are ridiculous.  The style may not be to everyone's taste, I quite like it but how can you possibly comment on the quality of the strip until you have it in hand? 

The references to Turkish sweatshops are offensive and I thought we were above that as a club but I'm obviously wrong. 

P.S. the strips were made in England, says so on the inside of the collar.

15 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Well, kit is out...

And for me, it's absolutely awful. 

Genuinely think I could design a better kit than that in one afternoon.

And who is Kurt? 

https://x.com/theacciesfc/status/1813128531909456062?t=NzuZ_P1GwDdy7SPSXF5Lvg&s=19

It’s Kurt Cobain designing it from the grave I think.

Worst Accies top I have ever seen quality wise and design wise and looks nothing like an Accies home top should look like.

This monstrosity and the PATG prices have certainly put a dampener on our 150th Anniversary.

Probably signed off by the beetroot who has far too much influence at the club I have heard from good sources.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

1 hour ago, Accie1 said:

How can you possibly comment on the quality of the strip until you have it in hand? 

Because it looks to be the same material, from the same manufacturer as last year?

1 hour ago, Accie1 said:

The references to Turkish sweatshops are offensive and I thought we were above that as a club but I'm obviously wrong.

Pretty sure LF posted a video from inside a manufacturing facility last year that appeared to have multiple children working in it.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Onto this design itself. The club are clearly trying to tap into the retro market, and I have no issue with this. In fact I quite like it. 

I must admit, I’m struggling to see what is retro about that design. It’s an absolutely horrendous effort for a 150th anniversary kit. If they wanted to go down the retro route they should have went for something clean and simple that has a nod to the past.