The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Posted (edited)

A simple classic hooped top? Nah that will never catch on! Aye man, for me 100% it sould have been simple but classic in design with an embroidered commerative crest. Really hard to see how you can get that wrong.

Even as a traditionalist, I can see the market for wacky one off away kits each year (although desperate for a quality simple blue and green hooped away this year tbh) Fill your boots with them but home kit should be the historic hoops every time.

Edited by Beckford

11 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the season tickets cards and when they're to be issued? Our first game is nine days away and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get into the ground.

They were expected to be delivered either this week or early next.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Joel Mumbongo. Tell me he's good.

Should bang absolute numbers in League Two to be fair to the guy. Wasn't near it for us at the top end of league one right enough. 

7 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Should bang absolute numbers in League Two to be fair to the guy. Wasn't near it for us at the top end of league one right enough. 

Might be difficult for him to bang numbers in League 2 this season tbh...

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Joel Mumbongo. Tell me he's good.

Genuinely up there in folklore as one of the worst players I’ve watched for Accies.  Hamilton fans were actively booing him on to the park when he came on as a sub against someone.

First touch of an elephant, 6ft+ but wont jump for a header.

Reasonable record at QoS tbf but I don’t know how many of his goals were accidental. Their fans might give a better account.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Genuinely up there in folklore as one of the worst players I’ve watched for Accies.  Hamilton fans were actively booing him on to the park when he came on as a sub against someone.

Reasonable record at QoS tbf but I don’t know how many of his goals were accidental. Their fans might give a better account.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks lads.

Mumbongo looked promising in his first two sub appearances but it's fair to say he fell away. He scored an absolute worldy for Accrington at home to Sheff Wed about three years ago if you want to look up on YouTube.

On 25/07/2024 at 21:43, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He did ok for us. I mean it waant the 2nd coming of Stephen Dobbie or even Ruari Paton, but he led the line well and scored five goals across the 3 months he was here. Grabbed a tidy finish on his debut at Edinburgh and finished his time with a cracking double at Montross. In between times he grabbed a tap in consolation at home to Montrose and a winner at Alloa

I've certainly felt a bit better about the team with each passing game. I liked our buildup play today, the switches of play being much more effective and we did a decent job of defending our box in the first half at least. I don't think there was much of a drop-off in the second half, just that Raith improved. 

We need at least one centre-back, ideally someone who can play on the right of a three, and I'm concerned about the defensive capability of the left side of defence, even if Longridge comes back soon. Not convinced about either goalkeeper, too. 

Another good performance today and we deserved to win and would have if we hadn't conceded that mental goal to be honest I'm quite glad that happened today and not in an league game. Henderson done very well when he came on and in my opinion he's warranted himself a start against Ayr over O'Hara who has looked a bit off it in all the games we've played so far for me he's looking like the player we saw at the start of last season and not the player we saw from the second half of last season. The fact Newbury or Morgan didn't even come on today tells me there's a good chance both will be heading out on loan which would probably be the right decision however it's important that we adress the issues in defence would be ideal if we could have 1-2 signed for next week. 

On 27/07/2024 at 19:23, accies1874 said:

I've certainly felt a bit better about the team with each passing game. I liked our buildup play today, the switches of play being much more effective and we did a decent job of defending our box in the first half at least. I don't think there was much of a drop-off in the second half, just that Raith improved. 

We need at least one centre-back, ideally someone who can play on the right of a three, and I'm concerned about the defensive capability of the left side of defence, even if Longridge comes back soon. Not convinced about either goalkeeper, too. 

Scratch that, we are f**ked. 

I knew that Zengin's spending would collapse around himself at one point but I didn't think it would be so soon. 

14 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Can't believe we've gone from being close to buying a stadium for 3.9 million to this in a few weeks. You have to hope these rumours aren't as bad as they sound. 

You do realise we were never close to actually buying the stadium.