The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

Second guessed there would be one bite 🤔😉

At least you actually managed to quiet the right post this time.

Bedtime for you wee man. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

At least you actually managed to quiet the right post this time.

Bedtime for you wee man. 

If you are going to have a go make sure your critique is spelt correctly for goodness sake…….glasshouses & all that man big man 😎

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Given your cash flow issues & Ayr’s 10 grand weekly wage for their head coach surely a no brainer to get it played asap

Interesting that @Ian Mcleodis still in denial over Hamilton's cash flow issues, only days after the players walked out of training over the club being skint🤔🤔

Is he signing for Dundee? That'd be unexpected. 

I liked him, even though he never really got fit in his time with us and had to play through injuries, which meant that he wasn't great when defending and couldn't last 90 minutes. A decent goalscorer in League One, though, scoring a variety of goals, and I thought his linkup play was pretty decent despite Rankin saying otherwise. 

I'd be shocked if he cuts it in the Premiership. Hopefully he's just a plant to bring the club down from the inside. 

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Is he signing for Dundee? That'd be unexpected. 

I liked him, even though he never really got fit in his time with us and had to play through injuries, which meant that he wasn't great when defending and couldn't last 90 minutes. A decent goalscorer in League One, though, scoring a variety of goals, and I thought his linkup play was pretty decent despite Rankin saying otherwise. 

I'd be shocked if he cuts it in the Premiership. Hopefully he's just a plant to bring the club down from the inside. 

Hereford just signed him, and @Girth is a local and fan. I'm quite glad it's not us!

13 hours ago, Girth said:

Ahkeem Rose - any good chaps? 

Thank you.  

I thought he was decent in L1 and would have happily kept him on if we had stayed down.

He wouldn’t have cut it in the Championship, though, so wasn’t sad to see him go.

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hereford just signed him, and @Girth is a local and fan. I'm quite glad it's not us!

Fs, I even had to double check who Girth supports as I was that surprised at the concept of him ending up in the Premiership. 

57 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Also l'm going to ask the question it feels like we've been asking for about 4 years now: does anyone know what's happening with Jamie Hamilton? 

I'm guessing that Ayr opted for Devlin over him. Would you really be surprised to see him come back to us given our issues at CB?

Edited by accies1874

30 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Fs, I even had to double check who Girth supports as I was that surprised at the concept of him ending up in the Premiership. 

I'm guessing that Ayr opted for Devlin over him. Would you really be surprised to see him come back to us given our issues at CB?

Apparently at the game last weekend wearing Ayr training gear, despite not having signed a contract.

He was always taking a big risk knocking us back with no concrete offers else where, given his injury history.

2 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Also l'm going to ask the question it feels like we've been asking for about 4 years now: does anyone know what's happening with Jamie Hamilton? 

Clearly doesn’t appreciate the impact injuries limiting his game time to next to nothing over the last two seasons has on his value and isn’t willing to adjust his wage expectations accordingly.

Walked away from what would now be an almost guaranteed start in the Championship and instead is probably now destined for part-time football lower down the pyramid.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Would you really be surprised to see him come back to us given our issues at CB?

This is exactly what I was thinking, but if he's still asking for mental wages then it's a big no thanks from me. 

A real shame for him - I remember thinking he was going to the top (certainly he always went there on FM20 😂) and it's sad that his ceiling is probably the Scottish premiership at the most at this point. 

2 hours ago, Count Mongo del Fantastico said:

Any sign of the away top yet?

Probably appear on the morning of the 2nd of November - the first time we'll need it