The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

5 hours ago, George Caplin said:

I don't know what some Accies fans expect, I'd take stability in whatever division. The truth is that the crowds Accies get don't pay for the players they have now. Who knows where the money is coming from but when it isn't the same fans question the boards ambition. It's the usual ridiculous complaints from the usual suspects who seem to think we are something we're not. Living within our means Accies would be a League 1 club. Before we get the nonsense about crap managers or boards chasing fans away then take a look at our average attendance over the last 50 years, We've always had a shit support. 

Only in the last 15 years have we haemorrhaged support though and the homeless era saw us with decent “home” attendances for big games.

We are the only side I reckon who have won promotion to the top League and now this League who have lost support once we have went up a League.

Cutting these dreadful PATG prices would instantaneously increase home attendance by 3-400 which is the number we have lost since pre Christmas last season.

Whatever way you look at the figures our home crowds have dropped significantly.

going by our last 2 season in championships before relegated to league 1 , these after 8 seasons in the premiership 1

we are around 5-600 down in billy reid  season we finished 4th

1200 down on our promotion season 

that isn’t just away crowds that’s dropped they figures like that 

Even billy reids last season in championship we got 1700 which is our highest recent championship average 

Edited by The MAC

10 hours ago, George Caplin said:

I don't know what some Accies fans expect, I'd take stability in whatever division. The truth is that the crowds Accies get don't pay for the players they have now. Who knows where the money is coming from but when it isn't the same fans question the boards ambition. It's the usual ridiculous complaints from the usual suspects who seem to think we are something we're not. Living within our means Accies would be a League 1 club. Before we get the nonsense about crap managers or boards chasing fans away then take a look at our average attendance over the last 50 years, We've always had a shit support. 

So you’re quite happy to take the money and not care where it’s coming from? The new board have made big promises about buying the stadium etc but there is absolutely no sign of that happening. For the first time since I started supporting the club we have no shirt sponsor, no merchandise for sale, though that has been a recurring issue for years. Yet here we are signing players right left and centre and handing out two and three year deals. We as fans have every right to question the guardians of our club. Our “DOF” is a despicable individual and someone who should be no where near our club yet some arse lickers were saying how wonderful he was at our last forum. I’m happy to hold my hands up if all the promises come to pass but I remain deeply sceptical. 

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Only in the last 15 years have we haemorrhaged support though and the homeless era saw us with decent “home” attendances for big games.

We are the only side I reckon who have won promotion to the top League and now this League who have lost support once we have went up a League.

Cutting these dreadful PATG prices would instantaneously increase home attendance by 3-400 which is the number we have lost since pre Christmas last season.

That's complete rubbish, Where we sit is busier than last season, Section A looks busier too, There were games last season where that Section was all but empty. The Airdrie att was something like 1500, back in the Andy Smith days Accies/Airdrie games at home had smaller crowds than that, The famous Gazza Clark 3-2 game was attended by 1200 and I've been to loads of games at DP with sub 1000 crowds. We are being asked to pay too much but it would be better if your crowd facts were accurate rather than making stuff up. 

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

So you’re quite happy to take the money and not care where it’s coming from? The new board have made big promises about buying the stadium etc but there is absolutely no sign of that happening. For the first time since I started supporting the club we have no shirt sponsor, no merchandise for sale, though that has been a recurring issue for years. Yet here we are signing players right left and centre and handing out two and three year deals. We as fans have every right to question the guardians of our club. Our “DOF” is a despicable individual and someone who should be no where near our club yet some arse lickers were saying how wonderful he was at our last forum. I’m happy to hold my hands up if all the promises come to pass but I remain deeply sceptical. 

I said I want stability in any division, I want Accies to be self sufficient. If that were the case though as I said the usual suspects would be on greetin about the board showing no ambition, either way some Accies fans will never be happy. They'll stop going if there's no ambition and they'll stop going if the board are ambitious. That's their bizarre logic. I just call it part time supporters 

4 hours ago, The MAC said:

Whatever way you look at the figures our home crowds have dropped significantly.

going by our last 2 season in championships before relegated to league 1 , these after 8 seasons in the premiership 1

Even billy reids last season in championship we got 1700 which is our highest recent championship average 

What it shows is that historically our crowds don't change that much other than promotion/relegations, You can pick out the odd season and compare to so far this season if your trying to prove a point but the truth is things haven't changed much in 50 years other than in the last 20 we've been up and down, Averages compared to the 70s and 80s are pretty much as they were, 1400ish . It certainly doesn't show that on average we are 4/500 down on last season. The average this season will as always depend on team performance and fans who come and go based on performance. We have a hard-core but it's about 500 people and that's the way it's always been 

5 hours ago, The MAC said:

The 2468 in 07/08 was also a rarity for the Championship, I don't recall all the other clubs so hard to see why the average looks so high for that league, It can also include free kids tickets if that was the case. If you want to pick out particular trends or one offs we could also say that so far this season it's the highest average we've had in the last 4 seasons since relegation from the Premiership but then that wouldn't suit your agenda or tally with the 500 down from last season.  Oh well 

3 minutes ago, George Caplin said:

The 2468 in 07/08 was also a rarity for the Championship, I don't recall all the other clubs so hard to see why the average looks so high for that league, It can also include free kids tickets if that was the case. If you want to pick out particular trends or one offs we could also say that so far this season it's the highest average we've had in the last 4 seasons since relegation from the Premiership but then that wouldn't suit your agenda or tally with the 500 down from last season.  Oh well 

That was our title season. We had a very big opening crowd v Dunfermline, mainly down to their away supports of course. Last game v Clyde saw a big turnout of home fans, I think it was well over 3,500.

I looked out a notebook I had from 84-86. Some interesting crowds. 821 v East Fife when we'd beaten Motherwell the previous week. 862 our first home crowd in our title winning season. Only 1,534 v Montrose when a win, which we got, saw us promoted to Premier for the very first time. 

On 14/09/2024 at 12:09, Owsley 2 said:

That was our title season. We had a very big opening crowd v Dunfermline, mainly down to their away supports of course. Last game v Clyde saw a big turnout of home fans, I think it was well over 3,500.

I looked out a notebook I had from 84-86. Some interesting crowds. 821 v East Fife when we'd beaten Motherwell the previous week. 862 our first home crowd in our title winning season. Only 1,534 v Montrose when a win, which we got, saw us promoted to Premier for the very first time. 

Some people seem to think we're something we're not and fantasise that crowds were bigger back in the day . We're a small club. Live with it . Yes it's far too expensive, not just at Accies but for the whole country, Nobody has to make up lies though to prove a point, It just makes their argument harder to put to club officials because if your "facts" are a lie you've lost all credibility in their eyes. 

So basically we have went from having the most expensive tickets in the league to still having the most expensive tickets in the league and in the process they have actually made it worse for an Adult and U16 absolutely mental from the club again. 

I heard 2 weeks ago the prices were going down to £25(not sure I posted it on here as haven’t been on much)but this decision to nearly double the kids prices is the latest of many own goals.

Part of me also thinks this may be a deliberate policy by the club to punish young fans who they perceive as being involved in recent trouble after matches against Ayr and Airdrie.

Less youngsters, less chance of trouble and an easy life.

It punishes all young kids- including away fans and those who do a PATG Parent/Child.

Of course, that may be a bit far fetched, but we are talking here about a Club who banned supporters after they found out one of the Directors was using a fake name to have a go at fans aka Marty Mulligan.

Even McGowan wouldn’t charge these prices for kids.

Meet the new regime, the same as the old regime vibes here.

As soon as 308 scabs paid the ludicrous price to watch us play Dundee Utd B the club has free reign to do what they wanted with pricing.

Looking forward to the next forum where we’ll be told it’s our fault for some reason.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

As soon as 308 scabs paid the ludicrous price to watch us play Dundee Utd B the club has free rein to do what they wanted with pricing.

Looking forward to the next forum where we’ll be told it’s our fault for some reason.

The forums are a complete waste of time. Unless you like fantasy stories and being told lies.