The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Genuinely from that list I think I’d have Bradley and even then I’m not sure where he fits in to our shape. Always thought he was too slow to play out wide.

I would say out of the Ayr list I would definitely have McMann and probably Oakley. Jamie would have been a risk I would have maybe gave him a contract till January with the option to extend it till the end of the season. Not too sure if I would have Hastie or Stanger back although Stanger has probably improved a bit since he left us. 

5 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The 2 guys on trial today were Midfielder Paul Allan from Dunfermline and left winger Quinn Coulson from Alloa Based on what I seen today and what I've heard from Dunfermline and Alloa fans Allan would be a good signing they're fans seem to be a bit disappointed that he's left and think he's better than a few of the options they've kept however do we really need another defensive minded midfielder? Could that mean that the club are looking to punt Macdonald i wonder. Coulson not so much Alloa fans seem to think he's an average league 1 player and based on today I don't think they're wrong

Don't think any of the first team from the second game were good today the midfield looked extremely flat Bradley and Coulson were both poor and O'Hara got no service at all still early days but a bit concerning. First game is what you would expect given the level we were up against. However you really do struggle to take away anything when up against sides like Gala and Cumbernauld and I don't get why that's the standard we constantly play against in pre sseason. Like a few people have mentioned is that really the best we could do? Especially in our 150th season. 

Also looks like we might need a center half as a priority now as I think we've just lost Fergus Owens for most or all of the first half of the season would have been ideal now if we had given Jamie a contract till January.

Given the wording within the statement itself, the fact the official statement wasn't posted on socials and him starting today tells you all you need to know about how they plan on dealing with the situation.

penguins madagascar GIF

12 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would say out of the Ayr list I would definitely have McMann and probably Oakley. Jamie would have been a risk I would have maybe gave him a contract till January with the option to extend it till the end of the season. Not too sure if I would have Hastie or Stanger back although Stanger has probably improved a bit since he left us. 

Stanger was very good last season for ayr . He has a year left on his contract . Would hope the club would be offering him a new long term contract 

1 hour ago, United1973 said:

Stanger was very good last season for ayr . He has a year left on his contract . Would hope the club would be offering him a new long term contract 

Unsurprised at him developing into a solid player. We released him in very strange circumstances when he probably should have been playing for us. Another one that got away. 

6 hours ago, United1973 said:

Yep , always liked Stanger and any time Brian Rice played him, he was always out of position.

If Fergus is indeed out for a period, a central defence consisting of either McGowan,Kilday and McGinty gives me the fear and I would rather play young Cian Newbury alongside one of them rather than 2 out of that aforementioned 3.

35 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Yep , always liked Stanger and any time Brian Rice played him, he was always out of position.

If Fergus is indeed out for a period, a central defence consisting of either McGowan,Kilday and McGinty gives me the fear and I would rather play young Cian Newbury alongside one of them rather than 2 out of that aforementioned 3.

If he is out for a while I would play McGinty and maybe look at the loan market even if it's just something until January. 

46 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s absolutely awful, lads.  Can’t play as solo striker, can’t play wide, doesn’t score many.   Three years is insane.  

Yeah I don’t get the buzz from some his record last season is abysmal.

I imagine the deal will have some relegation break/release clause somewhere.

But at 26 he still has time to turn it round, did fine with Killie at this level and if Leeann Dempster said he was one of the best young players in Europe I believe her!

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yeah I don’t get the buzz from some his record last season is abysmal.

I imagine the deal will have some relegation break/release clause somewhere.

But at 26 he still has time to turn it round, did fine with Killie at this level and if Leeann Dempster said he was one of the best young players in Europe I believe her!

If Hamilton are winning most weeks, he’ll do a job.  If they are backs to the wall and playing with one central striker, he’s a waste of a shirt.    

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Oh the naivety
Wait till you see who we signed last year with Leeann at the reins