The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I highly doubt said board member/director of football had as much input as his egotistical signing announcements state.

Infact I can quite confidently assume every single signing we’ve made would probably still be at the club if said DOF wasn’t imo.

Hi Scotty, i am yet to be fully convinced myself tbh and time will tell if what we were told is genuine. My intention was to report what was said for those unable to attend.

TBH before yesterday i was equally sceptical given what happened on social media. Only thing i would say is that a few of the players i spoke to were very positive about him.

We have all seen this movie before and our distrust wont be removed by one forum. Guess im just trying to be cautiously  optimistic. I fully accept though that fans directly involved and their friends will need a lot more convincing and need to see actions not words.

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

How was Matthew Shiels last season? He has featured as a trialist for Stenhousemuir (but I believe also has offfers from other clubs)

He was played of position with us a lot. Hard working player but made more than the odd mistake (often pretty big ones tbh) 

33 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

How was Matthew Shiels last season? He has featured as a trialist for Stenhousemuir (but I believe also has offfers from other clubs)

Frustrating. Did Ok as a left back but made the odd howler. Pretty good in the air. We also played him up front where he was poor. Reckon he would do ok in League 2.

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I think the fact he was at EK on trial and I don't think he even got offered a contract there probably sums him up. He does give a 100% though just not got much ability 

Dont use facebook myself but thats not great.

TBH I think the biggest issue is still the clubs website. Yes it looks better but it as others have said elsewhere its not an Accies website. Surely if Mcgowan is now just the landlord / owner of the stadium he should not be running an Accies website.

Not all fans use platforms such as facebook or twitter and we must have a club website as the main hub for all things Accies. (That is kept up to date)

Surely away fans will see the website as the first place to look for info on games too. When football info is out of date or hard to find, this must add to our reputation as a badly run club?

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It's Michael Hewitt from Ayr strange signing tbh not really heard much about him he is a midfielder wonder if it will be more of a depth option 

he's a versatile player, best position is Midfield certainly more a defensive one but can also play RM and RB, think he's a good option for League 1 just not Championship level yet needs gametime for certain  

On 30/07/2023 at 11:14, Ian Mcleod said:

Reflecting on yesterday it's clear already that Rankin isn't going to be the guy that will get us back in the championship. And he needs to be removed quickly no later than the end of September if things don't change which i doubt will. The performance against Brechin and Yesterday were embarrassing and very negative minded again from Rankin. Brechin we settled for a 1-0 and now we've got knocked due to GD i knew that game would come back to haunt us. Yesterday we showed in the first 30 minutes what these players are capable of then started getting deeper and deeper and eventually Cove scored then everyone in the stadium could tell Coves second was coming but Rankin leaves it too late again to make subs. With Ian McCall we win this league with Rankin we will struggle for 4th place the club need to get rid of him before it's too late. What happens if a Inverness or Dunfermline etc have a bad season and end up going down? That's us already finishing playoffs at best next season if we stay in League 1. 

Seriously ? You lot need a dose of happy pills.

Forget that, Happy pills would only make you lot miserable, You enjoy wallowing in negatively and self pity

Enjoy the season 👋

1 hour ago, George Caplin said:

Seriously ? You lot need a dose of happy pills.

Forget that, Happy pills would only make you lot miserable, You enjoy wallowing in negatively and self pity

Enjoy the season 👋

My point is we have the best squad in the league. We can't be holding out in games we need to be finishing teams off and we did that against Cove in the cup and it failed. Even Brechin we didn't look like getting a second goal to kill the game off which turned out to get us knocked out of the cup as we missed out by 1 goal. We also have a good amount of depth so Rankin needs to be making changes quicker even yesterday he should of made changes earlier Hopefully in the coming weeks we start finishing teams off. Good 3 points yesterday which I was reasonably happy with against a team we didn't beat last season which shows some progress is being made which is good to see. This is the best chance we will get of getting out of this league if we fail this year it will be harder next season so it's very important we get out of it this year. We can't do a Falkirk and have 5+ years in this division. 

11 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

My point is we have the best squad in the league. We can't be holding out in games we need to be finishing teams off and we did that against Cove in the cup and it failed. Even Brechin we didn't look like getting a second goal to kill the game off which turned out to get us knocked out of the cup as we missed out by 1 goal. We also have a good amount of depth so Rankin needs to be making changes quicker even yesterday he should of made changes earlier Hopefully in the coming weeks we start finishing teams off. Good 3 points yesterday which I was reasonably happy with against a team we didn't beat last season which shows some progress is being made which is good to see. This is the best chance we will get of getting out of this league if we fail this year it will be harder next season so it's very important we get out of it this year. We can't do a Falkirk and have 5+ years in this division. 

George is best ignored Ian, looking at his previous posts since joining P&B gives you an idea of his affiliation.

Big 3 points on Saturday, first time ever beating Cove. I hope we can build on it with a positive result at Kelty. 

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

George is best ignored Ian, looking at his previous posts since joining P&B gives you an idea of his affiliation.

Big 3 points on Saturday, first time ever beating Cove. I hope we can build on it with a positive result at Kelty. 

Yep I would agree with all of that. Was a great 3 points at the weekend hopefully we can get another this weekend will be a tough game Kelty got an impressive result at the weekend however if we want to win the league it's a game we need to be winning.

10 hours ago, Skondras said:

🤣🤦‍♂️