The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

36 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We've still got plenty of attacking options who, imo, will contribute to chances being created, but everyone needs to pick up the slack of converting them. While I don't think it's a massive goalscoring downgrade going from One to Henderson, that was never really where the issues were. 

Was meaning it more in the sense of different profiles. All seem to be pretty similar maybe lacking physicality? 

Could that be extended to your whole squad? Genuinely no clue here

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Can see Josh McPake ending up in an Accies shirt.

Rankin has confirmed he is a target but he's said he's interested in every free agent. I think we do need another option on the wings. But center half and striker must be the main priority. Dylan McGowan has said himself that he would be open to a return back to the club but it seems the club aren't that interested in him which I find very strange if that is the case. I like Josh O'Brien and he has potential but we are a Lee Kilday injury away from being fucked.

29 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Rankin has confirmed he is a target but he's said he's interested in every free agent. I think we do need another option on the wings. But center half and striker must be the main priority. Dylan McGowan has said himself that he would be open to a return back to the club but it seems the club aren't that interested in him which I find very strange if that is the case. I like Josh O'Brien and he has potential but we are a Lee Kilday injury away from being fucked.

Much like us, Tom Lang or MacIver injury away from being done

46 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Much like us, Tom Lang or MacIver injury away from being done

Yeah tbf I don't really rate Agyeman but he has started well with Falkirk he can play as a striker as well if Maclver was to get injured. I watched your game against Alloa though on Alba a couple of weeks ago and Maclver is some player. Morrison is very good as well i think he's probably Falkirks best player. 

We wanted McGowan but he said no, we then went and got O'Brien to play in that position. With Longridge able to play Centre half and Fergus Owens also more than capable I don't thinks it's as big a necessity as others, particularly as Dylan would be on big wages, for us.

An out and out goalscorer is required even if McGlynn can start to score.

Wow. Best signing of the summer fair play to the club here they deserve credit for this. Just 1 or 2 attackers now and we're in with a good chance. A defence of Tumilty,McGowan,Kilday and Longridge with Fulton in goals is amazing for League 1 and is probably better than most championship defences imo. 

Not 100% sold on this. I'd say his best performances last season were when he was just asked to defend the box and hopefully we won't be in that position much this season. He also wasn't too good on the ball which doesn't improve on a deficiency in the squad. 

We probably have the defensive personnel to play a back five now, but Rankin looked hopeless at coaching a five-man defence last season so I'm not sure I'd like to see that return. 

36 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

We wanted McGowan but he said no, we then went and got O'Brien to play in that position. With Longridge able to play Centre half and Fergus Owens also more than capable I don't thinks it's as big a necessity as others, particularly as Dylan would be on big wages, for us.

An out and out goalscorer is required even if McGlynn can start to score.

OK I'm talking sx#*e. Lol

Great signing. Would seem extremely harsh to drop O'brien though after a very solid start to the season. 

However, as preciously stated, we needed more options there as we were light and now we have 3 top players in that position. 

Striker next please.

4 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Great signing. Would seem extremely harsh to drop O'brien though after a very solid start to the season. 

However, as preciously stated, we needed more options there as we were light and now we have 3 top players in that position. 

Striker next please.

Yeah O'Brien has been decent but I think he's the one you have to drop sadly McGowan obviously starts and Kilday is too good imo. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergus Owens heads out on loan now 

Decent signing but tbh I would rather we brought Dan 'O'Reilly back if we had a choice between the two.McGowan was also not great in the run in remember,so he is not the Messiah some are saying.

Will be interesting to see if we play a back four or a back five and this pushes young Fergus Owens even further down the list.

Still feel we need two strikers as the current options are letting down the rest of the team with their wastefulness.

Just now, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Decent signing but tbh I would rather we brought Dan 'O'Reilly back if we had a choice between the two.McGowan was also not great in the run in remember,so he is not the Messiah some are saying.

Will be interesting to see if we play a back four or a back five and this pushes young Fergus Owens even further down the list.

Still feel we need two strikers as the current options are letting down the rest of the team with their wastefulness.

I liked Dan but he made a lot more mistakes than Dylan did. Dylan is far better imo. We should keep the back 4 imo. We need a striker and a winger Mcpake and either Jakubiak or Moyo

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Wow. Best signing of the summer fair play to the club here they deserve credit for this. Just 1 or 2 attackers now and we're in with a good chance. A defence of Tumilty,McGowan,Kilday and Longridge with Fulton in goals is amazing for League 1 and is probably better than most championship defences imo. 

Good signing but Longridge will have to be much better than he was on Saturday.

Will McGowan be fit ?

Edited by FuzzyBear

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Good signing but Longridge will have to be much better than he was on Saturday.

Will McGowan be fit ?

I thought Longridge was OK on Saturday Tumilty wasn't amazing though. Think McGowan has been training with clubs we've been one of them but yes it make take him 2 or 3 games to be completely match fit and at his best

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I liked Dan but he made a lot more mistakes than Dylan did. Dylan is far better imo. We should keep the back 4 imo. We need a striker and a winger Mcpake and either Jakubiak or Moyo

McGowan was dreadful after The Cup Final onwards.

Yes,we now have a decent defence but still no real pace there.

50 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

McGowan was dreadful after The Cup Final onwards.

Yes,we now have a decent defence but still no real pace there.

Dylan had a couple of shakey moments after the cup final and probably wasn't as good but he was still probably one of our best players however that wasn't exactly a highbar last season. I'm happy to have him back and I personally think it's the best signing we've made all summer he's a great leader and exactly what you need to win a title imo. Also Dan was terrible if he didn't have Dylan or Popescu beside him again I do like Dan as well and wish him all the best.

Happy to have him back. If we can stop goals going in that will be a great base for  pushing to win the league. Take into account we are going to have injuries and suspensions so a decent squad is a necessity

A blind man can see though that we need a striker, not a winger, a good old fashioned goal scorer, as we seem to be creating plenty of chances