The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

1 hour ago, smc4761 said:

Happy to have him back. If we can stop goals going in that will be a great base for  pushing to win the league. Take into account we are going to have injuries and suspensions so a decent squad is a necessity

A blind man can see though that we need a striker, not a winger, a good old fashioned goal scorer, as we seem to be creating plenty of chances

We need a striker and a winger imo

This might be the most pathetic and embarrassing thing Accies have done for years. Players fly out on morning of game and flight delayed so kick off now 3.45 which means those on 7.30 ferry will miss end of game. Why not fly out yesterday FFS

I'm not 1 of those fans who are going to the game today but it's absolutely amateur level stuff from our club I feel bad for the fans that have paid the money to make the game today. Makes things even worse that they try and blame the airport it's always everyone's fault apart from theirs. 

Good to see the players did manage to get the job done today and we are through to the next round of the cup draw will be made on Thursday at 1PM. Just a shame due to the clubs lack of preparation some fans had to miss a bit of the game after spending good money to make it today. 

In my bed after being up for 20 hours but just need to say that that was one of the best and most surreal days of supporting the club. Seeing folk in Accies tops in Glasgow Airport was weird enough, but doing a red and white takeover of a flight was something I thought I'd never see. 

The shenanigans with the players' flight was bonkers and obviously incredibly shite for everyone on the Vaults bus, especially given it was only Freddie who managed to see the third goal (after taking the fans' applause about three times). It was a shame that it put a dampener on a great day as the atmosphere in the ground and especially the pub were class. It genuinely felt like another cup final rather than a run-of-the-mill cup round against some no-marks. We've seen this year how important cups can be to fans and I can only imagine that the players have enjoyed the experiences too - although maybe not the flight home. 

Also out to @cdhafc1874 who provided world class transport advice on the way back to Scotland. 

Just home from the trip (on the vaults bus). It was a long day but the build up to the match was excellent, one of the best. 

I'd like to think the fans impacted by the clubs amateur decision making will at least get an apology and the club recognise they were at fault but I doubt it.

I doubt they'll read this but the staff in The Railway Arms in Coleraine were outstanding so kudos to them too.

I'm away to bed and plan on spending tomorrow questioning my life choice. 

Hope everyone had a great time and gets home safe.

15 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

This might be the most pathetic and embarrassing thing Accies have done for years. Players fly out on morning of game and flight delayed so kick off now 3.45 which means those on 7.30 ferry will miss end of game. Why not fly out yesterday FFS

I was one of those on The HAFSWO Bus who had to leave early.Luckily enough,I moved at a snail's pace leaving the ground,so managed to see the third goal along with Freddy and Latimer.

Everyone else was on the bus and sadly missed the third goal;what a completely avoidable shambles.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

3 hours ago, Skondras said:

Another fans forum on Thursday night, 6:30PM - 7:30PM. 

Seems a bit odd to hold one when everything is going reasonably well (Coleraine debacle aside), maybe just a sign of Serif looking to keep up the fan engagement.

Hope to make it myself and would be interested to raise the query to them as to why the club has decided to run the two Twitter accounts and FB accounts.

46 minutes ago, WHM said:

What kind of player is Darren Lyon s signed for Arbroath today.

A mediocre central midfielder all round, never really excelled at anything. We played him at full back mostly, which he's definitely not great at.

We had him on trial during preseason and it didn't look like he'd improved much at all. unfortunately I would think championship is a level above what he's capable of. 

Will always remember the absolute banger he scored against Dundee though.

11 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think the fact he wasn't even considered good enough to be a backup for us in the summer probably sums it up he's a low level league 1 player 

Well he had Full Time offers in the league above so no sure why he’d want to be back up for you in League 1 👍🏻

Just now, Laid-back Accie said:

Are some of the Arbroath mob really still rattled by us 😂

How is that rattled, it’s a reply to people saying he wasn’t good enough to be back up at yourselves and was a low level L1 player - if he’s had offers of FT in the Championship that’s more than likely not true and it means he’s obviously not going to want to sit on his arse and be a back up player in the league below. 

Hamilton have a good team this year and are strong in centre mid. Would love Scott Martin and you’re lucky to have him.