The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

We have a really good squad arguably the best in the league however it's getting wasted with this system and manager even in games we've won we have been very lucky in some. Doesn't help the fact we keep starting Kevin O'Hara he isn't good enough to start games and he should of been dropped after the Stirling game that's 1 goal now in 10 league games. Morrison and Maclver have 7 and 5. Most teams who are fighting for titles go onto win games comfortably after getting the first goal we are the opposite as soon as we get the first goal we are shite most weeks and eventually end up conceding most weeks. We've been lucky a couple of times to still end up winning them so far but today we didn't get that luck. We now have Montrose away next week I was worried about that game even before today happened I'm even more worried now after it got a bad feeling that we will lose and that would mean we would be 5 points behind Falkirk by the end of October that simply wouldn't be good enough and if we do slip up again before Falkirk do and go 4/5 points behind questions have to be asked at Rankin we can't afford to be in this league again next season and can't afford to give him too much time. He's been backed massively in the summer there's no excuses for him this season.

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Some effort from the youth team tonight and a lot of positives to take away from it a lot more promising young players to be excited about. Incredibly unlucky to lose out on aggregate.

They really rattled Molde. Not too impressed with their attitude. Shame we gifted them an early goal but, yes, lot of positives to take from the game. 

It was a strange game that didn't make an awful lot of sense. It might have just been an example of inexperience from both sides as Molde completed crumbled at 1-1 then didn't know what to do with ourselves at 4-1. 

McGinn was our star man and his crossing was much, much better than it was last season. That was a big weakness in his game and was really holding him back as a full-back, so it would be great if he's improving in that respect. He and Kalala were always big dangers 1 v 1. I'd say that of the players who haven't already made their first team debuts, Kalala's the closest to doing so. Dangerous 1 v 1, a real grafter and has the potential to be effective in the final third. 

It's just a shame that none of these guys look like getting any opportunities any time soon as we've shunned young academy players in favour of no-mark squad fillers, which has been my only real complaint so far this season. 

Mikey Doyle starts as a trialist for us today against QoS. Thoughts on him? Last season was tough for us both so can't imagine it will be a glowing review. Remember him doing well for the Spiders in L1.

He will play RB given we have no natural player for that position.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Mikey Doyle starts as a trialist for us today against QoS. Thoughts on him? Last season was tough for us both so can't imagine it will be a glowing review. Remember him doing well for the Spiders in L1.

He was a relatively decent right back in a crap side. No great attributes but not rotten either.

18 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was far too slow for the championship he might not be a disaster in league 1 though. 

• 4 weeks later...

He was best suited to Stuart Taylor's football so I can imagine him doing OK under Murray. 

He did very well when he was signed in 2022 then had a big drop-off last season until around the turn of the year when he started playing well again. Aggressive CB and good in the air despite being quite small. Very bad in wide areas and not all that technical but will try to be progressive with his passing.

24 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He was best suited to Stuart Taylor's football so I can imagine him doing OK under Murray. 

He did very well when he was signed in 2022 then had a big drop-off last season until around the turn of the year when he started playing well again. Aggressive CB and good in the air despite being quite small. Very bad in wide areas and not all that technical but will try to be progressive with his passing.

As long as he can defend his box well and can defend in 1 on 1 situations and put his body on the line that will do for me 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

14 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

As long as he can defend his box well and can defend in 1 on 1 situations and put his body on the line that will do for me 

I mean I wouldn’t count on it, he makes a lot of mistakes but for emergency cover which is what he appears to be on a very short term deal he should be fine 

That's the final straw for me on Rankin he can't survive that bossed off the pitch by a part time team at home and we lacked any fight to get back in the game just embarrassing and shocking really. There's big money on the line in competitions like this for clubs like us. Rankin costs us far too often. Daz shouting back at the fans again saying we don't get behind the team just tops off an embarrassing day. Rankin and Daz got us relegated last season obviously the past board didn't help anything and were a big reason for relegation but they still need to take responsibility for that. They won't get us promoted this season either. There's more chance of us finishing 3rd behind Cove under Rankin than there is off us winning the league. Under Rankin we've got relegated in the championship and so far this season out of the league cup due to his poor management against Cove and Brechin. Took far too long to change it last week and now today. He has to go before he costs us the league then bottles the playoffs.