Clyde Season 23/24

Coming from a so called club who have a very low budget

Well , Why resign Parry after giving him a free transfer..

Sign carswell when he was injured from last club or forbes who had zero mobility...

I wasnt there tonight and yes brechin did start training same time as us before anyone from the club moans about these early cup fixtures...

The defeats to Non league material just never seems to end

Edited by shawfield shed boy

I'm going to claim the 'Clutching at Straws' award for the night in just being thankful this hasn't been our start to the league season.

I've been a vocal critic of the League Cup starting this early, mainly for the reason that not being able to field trialists means in some cases either not being able to fill the bench or making panic signings.  In our case though, I doubt we'd even be able to source appropriate trialists!

From these games, all that was expected was to try and get some confidence into a club. and fanbase, that was royally demoralised last season.  This was more akin to a statement of resignation than a statement of intent.

In terms of the signings situation (i.e. re-signing Parry and signing Carswell when injured) similar could also be applied to Ray Grant (out till whenever).

Just have to hope that what was mentioned earlier (i.e. supposed money available) is put to good use between now and the Spartans game a week on Saturday.

It's a bit early to smash the panic button yet with four likely starters to come in to that team, plus more recruitment seemingly ahead, but the signs are undeniably quite worrying as things stand. Impossible to judge McLean too much at present so we'll have to give him some time and support, but so much will depend on how we recruit between now and the window closing. It's imperative that we bring in at least two or three players who markedly improve the strength of the squad, and not just the depth.

Edited by the_bully_wee

It’s absolutely unbelievable that our board let Danny Lennon scoosh away numerous playing budgets on rubbish.

It’s unbelievable he wasn’t sacked after defeats to Broomhill, Clydebank and a whimpering 8th place finish.

It’s unbelievable he wasn’t sacked after blowing another transfer window before we lost NINE league matches in a row.

It’s unforgivable we replaced Lennon with Jim Duffy.

It’s unbelievable we moved Duffy to a nice upstairs position after an embarrassing relegation and replaced  him with a Head Coach who looks to have a fairly limited amount of autonomy (putting it politely).

It’s unbelievable we sold our first choice striker (regardless of the general opinion of him) and replaced him with one boy released from Killie and another from Glasgow Uni.

I’m not one for board bashing but that’s a small handful of systematic failures our board have overseen in the past couple of years.

Our board have told owners that we have a budget that should have us competing for promotion. They have told us that there is still plenty in reserve to strengthen the squad. I’d think we had better start seeing evidence of this because the feeling around the club feels like a club accepting it’s dropping into the Lowland League. It’s simply unacceptable.