Clyde Season 23/24

18 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

McLean might do a good job with a squad which has footballers in it. I'd argue even the best managers would struggle with this rabble.

Let's remember what he's working with at the moment. A right back who has no tactical awareness, centre mids who pull out of tackles and can't make 5 yard passes and forwards who could maybe combine for 3 goals in the whole season.

Agree, he might...but we have no way of knowing as he has no experience. An experienced manager may get more of a tune out of this lot which is currently what we have. Good to hear though that we have approached a proven goalscorer even though we were not successful...it shows positive intent.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

(ahhh so all your knowledge comes from that level of football. Did you get on as sub a few times? :))

(what confusion, I'm confused)

It's quite literally the level of football that we're talking about approaching a manager from. Broxburn are currently (and were at the time) the same level as Clydebank, albeit with an East/West divide in between. It's still semi-professional, and if Clyde were to approach Clydebank they'd have to speak to the committee for permission.

You're making yourself look like a tit, trying desperately to get the last word in when you don't have a clue what you're talking about - so I'll just leave you to scream into the void for now.

14 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Agree, he might...but we have no way of knowing as he has no experience. An experienced manager may get more of a tune out of this lot which is currently what we have. Good to hear though that we have approached a proven goalscorer even though we were not successful...it shows positive intent.

Who did you hear we have went in for?

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It's quite literally the level of football that we're talking about approaching a manager from. Broxburn are currently (and were at the time) the same level as Clydebank, albeit with an East/West divide in between. It's still semi-professional, and if Clyde were to approach Clydebank they'd have to speak to the committee for permission.

You're making yourself look like a tit, trying desperately to get the last word in when you don't have a clue what you're talking about - so I'll just leave you to scream into the void for now.

word

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

"You're" talking about that level...I wouldn't necessarily be....but that's clearly where your experience is so fair play. I think we should be going right now for someone with experience, with the brief..."just keep us up". Perhaps long term one of the up and coming JNR managers would do the trick.

13 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I was told in confidence I'm afraid...but it's very encouraging to hear we are looking for a striker.

How is that encouraging? Stevie wonder could see we need a striker. It will be encouraging if we actually land one that isn’t currently playing park football somewhere.

13 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

How is that encouraging? Stevie wonder could see we need a striker. It will be encouraging if we actually land one that isn’t currently playing park football somewhere.

It’s encouraging that the club is making effort to land one- not encouraging that they recognise we need one- hence the appropriate use of the word.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I couldn’t agree more.The reason we are in this mess is as follows.We recruit players from the lowland league and junior league and players fresh from academy’s with no experience of men’s professional football and now he  wants to hire the Clydebank manager.This guy is completely stupid.

22 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

It’s encouraging that the club is making effort to land one- not encouraging that they recognise we need one- hence the appropriate use of the word.

If they weren’t making every effort to land a striker it would be unforgivable in the position we are in. I’ll save the feelings of encouragement for if we actually land anyone of note. 

Edited by Clyde01

42 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

If they weren’t making every effort to land a striker it would be unforgivable in the position we are in. I’ll save the feelings of encouragement for if we actually land anyone of note. 

It’s a waste of time.You could sign harry kane and it wouldn’t make any difference.We need an experienced manager and a new chairman that knows what day of the week it is.Gordon Thomson is totally clueless.

Can’t wait for some deadline day drama tomorrow. 

See there is a guy playing for Cumbernauld Colts called Billy Mortimer banging them in and is currently the second top scorer in the lowland with 7 already this season, maybe he’s worth a punt…

Edited by Ocelot1877