Clyde Season 23/24

14 hours ago, SReplay said:

I love Morton’s Rolls and I’m so glad they were saved from oblivion.

We don't get them down here in Manc-Land, so whenever I came back up the road I bring a load back. Oh and in Manchester a Roll is called a "Barm-Cake"  (nope me either!!!)  :) :) :) 

Edited by Uncle Albert

14 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

One of my favourite things about coming back to Scotland(bar coming to the watch the Clyde live) is a well fired roll. 

Joint bottom of league 2, Chairman who hasn’t a clue, Manager who couldn’t run a bath, Squad of players who couldn’t compete in an amateur league and you guys are talking about Morton’s rolls. I must be on a different planet.

39 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Joint bottom of league 2, Chairman who hasn’t a clue, Manager who couldn’t run a bath, Squad of players who couldn’t compete in an amateur league and you guys are talking about Morton’s rolls. I must be on a different planet.

Rye so serious?

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Will it make any difference if we all mentioned it in every single post on here the way you do?

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

To be fair i love Mortons  rolls but if this wasn't so serious it would be funny. Lets see who's all laughing when we play east kilbride to keep our league status and that wont end well.

You’re right, we deserve butter!

We should be looking to see if we can get Mark Stowe in on loan from Arbroath. He doesn’t seem to have really established himself there yet but he was an absolute goal machine at Linlithgow the previous couple of seasons. A loan at a higher level than where he played before would surely benefit Arbroath and it would definitely benefit us.

Just now, Clyde01 said:

We should be looking to see if we can get Mark Stowe in on loan from Arbroath. He doesn’t seem to have really established himself there yet but he was an absolute goal machine at Linlithgow the previous couple of seasons. A loan at a higher level than where he played before would surely benefit Arbroath and it would definitely benefit us.

Agreed. He looked absolutely superb for Linlithgow. At some point he seemed to clock on to the fact that the goalies at that level tend to be positionally poor and began shooting from absolutely everywhere and catching them out. He must have scored about 80 goals across two seasons including some genuinely outrageous strikes. I did think the jump to the Championship would be too great, but also by the same token he’ll have some much more attractive suitors than us if he’s available for loan.

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Agreed. He looked absolutely superb for Linlithgow. At some point he seemed to clock on to the fact that the goalies at that level tend to be positionally poor and began shooting from absolutely everywhere and catching them out. He must have scored about 80 goals across two seasons including some genuinely outrageous strikes. I did think the jump to the Championship would be too great, but also by the same token he’ll have some much more attractive suitors than us if he’s available for loan.

You’re probably right but we need game changers, not wee laddies finding their way. We failed to bring any in before the window so it’s all on loans now. To me Stowe could be a game changer for us so we should be throwing everything we can at guys like that. 

25 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

You’re probably right but we need game changers, not wee laddies finding their way. We failed to bring any in before the window so it’s all on loans now. To me Stowe could be a game changer for us so we should be throwing everything we can at guys like that. 

100%. To me if Stowe comes to L2, he’s instantly one of the better players in the league. We should be going absolutely and aggressively all out to try and get him, or someone like him in. However, our recruitment is lax at best, but utterly incompetent most of the time, and I don’t trust anyone at the club to be able to identify and chase such targets.

There are even players currently without a club that would improve our squad. Someone like Mikey Doyle for instance. Apparently we still have a lot of budget left. I don’t really understand the logic behind any of the recruitment. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan