Clyde Season 23/24

13 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Overseeing the sacking of a lady who has worked for the club for many years because she put her name on the EGM request letter.

Overseeing and condoning the sacking of a vulnerable, disabled, adult club volunteer. This from a person who earns his living in an Advocacy business.

Is this true?  Who are those involved?

17 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Overseeing and condoning the sacking of a vulnerable, disabled, adult club volunteer. This from a person who earns his living in an Advocacy business.

Have the club really sacked Lewis Kenna? If so, I'd like to know the reasons behind it. Assuming it was done on the recommendation of 'Ebbo' the kitman?

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Yes I agree- but we can’t assume this was down to him.

Sacking volunteers who have served the club over troubled times an absolute embarrassment and shameful, where is the club I've supported and served for over 60 years going!!....ffs rudderless..... remember the days of entertainment and being proud to follow the Mighty Bully Wee, long gone now,

43 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Don’t know the details obviously but if it’s true that Lewis has been removed then it’s a disgrace.

If the diddies on the park and in the dugout had shown a fraction of the passion of wee Lewis we’d be in a far better place. 

You can rest assured it is true. Any Branch member on here can attest to this. His poor mother is beside herself` and she has posted a very concerning and damming message on the branch facebook page. It is down to this lady as to whether she spreads the message further afield, but personally I think everyone who supports the Club ought to see this post of hers,

Suffice to say, that Lewis is devastated and this situation has adversely affected a very vulnerable young adult to the point of his being referred to mental health services for increased medication such is his distress. 

Very hard to believe our chairman is involved in the world of advocacy and our Club is portrayed as a "care in the community" Club.

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Your assumption re the kit man having a major hand in the removal of young Lewis turns out to be quite correct.

I wasn’t meaning to be overly presumptuous, it’s just any club I’ve been involved in that has more than one member of the kit team has a kit manager who hires and fired the rest. I just came to the conclusion because Ebbo is the kit manager.

However, being presumptuous in this case worked. Poor wee guy. Can’t even fathom any reasoning behind it. 

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Sorry if this had been covered but skimmed last 10 pages and couldn't see it. Has crownpoint been decided ? I had a notion it was meant to be within the past few weeks?

TIA

Decision expected this month or early October. 

5 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

You can rest assured it is true. Any Branch member on here can attest to this. His poor mother is beside herself` and she has posted a very concerning and damming message on the branch facebook page. It is down to this lady as to whether she spreads the message further afield, but personally I think everyone who supports the Club ought to see this post of hers,

As most fans won’t have access to the branch Facebook page (assume it is a closed group) It would make sense to see the message on here so non branch members can see

I am interested to see it

Don’t really have anything for or against the lad but if it was doing him well and it was done on a voluntary basis then don’t see what harm can happen with having another pair of hands helping out.

5 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As most fans won’t have access to the branch Facebook page (assume it is a closed group) It would make sense to see the message on here so non branch members can see

I am interested to see it

Don’t really have anything for or against the lad but if it was doing him well and it was done on a voluntary basis then don’t see what harm can happen with having another pair of hands helping out.

The lad's mother who wrote the message would need to give permission for her message to be placed on an open forum. 

This is a sensitive  situation.

"Don’t really have anything for or against the lad but if it was doing him well and it was done on a voluntary basis then don’t see what harm can happen with having another pair of hands helping out.".....any idea how cold, detached, and insensitive this sentence sounds?

and....."and it was done on a voluntary basis"..............I am not sure the question of remuneration is appropriate here...mind you, it does get one thinking....imagine if we were paying the Board or some of the other volunteers, do you think the appetite to get rid would be sharper?

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

"Don’t really have anything for or against the lad but if it was doing him well and it was done on a voluntary basis then don’t see what harm can happen with having another pair of hands helping out.".....any idea how cold, detached, and insensitive this sentence sounds?

Disagree with you here, I don't think that's cold or insensitive at all. He's right. I don't know Lewis, and as such I don't have any skin in the game. I do however know him and his family are among the most loyal of Clyde fans, and if it's helping his mental health and doesn't cost any money, I'm not sure what motivation the kitman (and the club, who would have sanctioned it) would have for getting rid of him.

Even on the off chance having him about with the kitman was detrimental in some way (hypothetically), surely the club could find another voluntary role for him elsewhere just to keep him involved?

Of all the things to come from Clyde of late, I find this decision one of the most bizarre and think it needs to be properly explained by the club.