Clyde Season 23/24

15 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I had been thinking about this a bit.

Realistically, the only thing we have to offer that sets us apart from Finnart is that we're in the professional league system. Finnart are well funded (*cough*) and have teams stretching through the age groups. I know a few coaches within their set up and it's very good. They're already a part of the East End community. We're still fresh in the public consciousness for being rapist-sympathisers.

I wonder if the extra info requested was to do with what would happen if the very real possibility that we're relegated and drop into the Lowland League. We'd lose a lot of money just by simply not being within that professional system, which in turn would affect our ability in the future to re-establish a youth set up and ingrain ourself back in the East End. With that being the case, surely it pushes things further in Finnarts favour.

Bearing in mind it’s the Clyde foundation who are applying for the land, I’m not sure any of that matters in terms of the bid to get the site. 

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Bearing in mind it’s the Clyde foundation who are applying for the land, I’m not sure any of that matters in terms of the bid to get the site. 

Did anyone see the link between Clyde and Glasgow Athletic, who also play at Crownpoint, being announced recently? Maybe the further information was relating to this

4 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

No wouldnt say Lyons is worse than any of those I listed.  He was played out of position at left back on Saturday.  Admittedly not good at right back either when he cant cross pass the first man and cant prevent any crosses coming in.

However Cameron top trumps him for "worse" player in the squad and is in my top 3 of worse Clyde players I have seen in 40+ years.  Have said that from probably his 2nd or 3rd game that I seen.

Though then again it all about opinions.

It’s a close run race between Lyon and Cameron for the worst players in the current team as well as worst players ever to play for Clyde.

You’ll never convince me anyone in this team was worse than some of the Stuart Millar/Duffy first time round squads. For as rubbish as Ross Lyon is, I’d take him over John Kane every time. He’s also head and tails above guys like Hendji, Jack Sloss and Craig Tully to name but a few. We’re still clearly absolutely dugmeat, but I do think the division as a whole is stronger than it was 10-15 years ago.

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Sad day when the fans are debating which members of the current squad are the worst they have ever seen. Maybe better to reminisce about the best Clyde players you have seen?

It only depresses me when I think of the players I have seen in the past v what is there today

Plus there will be fans who can go back more than my 40 years who will be even more depressed

3 hours ago, Kempes said:

Sad day when the fans are debating which members of the current squad are the worst they have ever seen. Maybe better to reminisce about the best Clyde players you have seen?

Sadly they no longer play for us. We like to keep the debate current and about the players who are currently making a James blunt of things and have our league status in jeopardy.

Maybe better to stick to the St.Mirren thread?

16 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Of course, but they do bear the clubs name and we would be playing at the ground so it would be foolish to think that the actions of the club in the past few seasons and the future professional status wouldn't have a bearing on any council decision.

15 hours ago, Kempes said:

Its a sad day when you are bottom of league 2 and 5 points adrift and very likely to get beat against janefield swifts on Friday which is likely if peter grant plays. 

With Leighfield making such an arse of it the other day, I wonder if McCall will bring Neil Parry back in to the starting line up for Friday evening? I certainly would. With that and Connor Young's injury and the fact that Morton wont want King playing in mind I'd probably go for the following:

- Parry -

- Hynes - P. Grant - Dunachie - Craig -

- R. Grant - Carswell -

- Leslie - L. Scullion - Stevenson -

- Rennie -

It's certainly not ideal, but without Connor Young I don't think we can go two up top from the start as I just don't trust Fraser Malcolm.